stress

Options
Do you think that metal stress plays a part in trying to loose weight?

Replies

• Bkejuan1
    Options
    Not on my end that's what caused me to lose. I'm just the opposite. I'm trying to gain and stress has caused me to lose
  • aggie04chic
    Options
    It all depends on the person. Some people 'stress eat' some people don't. Also stress may affect how much some people work out etc. If you are finding that times of stress are times when you struggle to lose weight keep a food and exercise diary. Write down what and when you eat and how you are feeling before during and after. Do the same for exercise. After a while you may notice that during stressful periods you eat more, or you eat unhealthy foods, or exercise less. From there you can evaluate the personal changes you may need to make. It's all different for each individual. GOOD LUCK!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Short answer? Yes. Stress plays both a large physical roll, and a large mental roll on weight loss.

I could go on for a very long time on the topic of stress and body health, but I won't.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I think it does both. It depends on how you handle things. When I'm super stressed and nervous (like buying my house two years ago), I'm not hungry, I don't eat and I end up losing a few. But when I'm emotionally stressed from a day at work or PMS, I tend to "eat" my emotions in the wrong way and I notice a shift upscale.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm a stress eater. When I get depressed, I don't eat. Unfortunately, I've been "stressed' for awhile now. I think it messes with your hormones too in losing weight.
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!!
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Daily stress, I think that can cause someone to put on weight if that person sees comfort in food.

Real long term stress, body stress, the kind that cause biological response and can lead to burn out, I think it definitely can cause unplanned/unwanted/unexplained weight loss.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I think it affects people differently. For me I gain when I'm happy and lose when I'm under high stress.