What's your eating plan like?

Options
2»

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My eating plan: Eat whatever I want that fits within my calorie limits. Luckily, most junk food and fast food is nasty to me, so I don't have to worry about unhealthy cravings. Be mindful of the nutritional value of the foods I'm consuming. Avoid most processed crap by cooking/preparing foods for myself - often altering recipes to make them healthier, but still just as tasty. Easy. Been on maintenance for well over a year now. :drinker:
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am trying to break up with food. I consume as little of the things I love as I can. I have a blue green algae protein shake in the morning, an egg white scramble at lunch time. Dinner I get more creative but it is still very far from the pizza and cheese steaks I'd like to be eating. Food is Fuel NOT friend. :)

Eat to live, don't live to eat
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Mine is typically:

Breakfast : Either 2 Weetabix with skimmed milk and sweetner, 50g Bran flakes with skimmed milk, or a 2 egg omelette with mushrooms and low fat cheese.

Lunch : Soup (normally some sort of veg) with a sandwich made with Nimble bread

Dinner : I have quite a variation and normally cook low calorie versions of the foods I love, My faves are:
    Salmon fillet or steak with roasted new potatoes and salad
    Homemade burger with a blue cheese filling and homemade chips
    Homemade curries
    Chicken and bacon pie with veg
    Chicken and vegetable biryani
    Beef casserole with lots of veg and mash

Snacks : I normally eat around 3 pieces of fruit. Things that also crop up on the list are packets of low cal crisps (french fries or quavers), a fat-free yogurts, low cal chocolates (malteasers or revels normally), crabsticks, or carrot and celery sticks with humous.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Sigh, people drive me nuts when they don't use the the right forums for their questions. This belongs in food and nutrition.
  • Brian_VA
    Brian_VA Posts: 125
    Options
    I'll chime in on the low carb side. (Previous low carber said no carb which I hope was a typo.)The human body was never intended to eat so much highly refined food. Amazing fact is that breakfast cereals convert to sugar in the bloodstream faster than eating pure table sugar. People that say "no sugar" but are eating cereals (even Special K and Grape Nuts) and other grain-based carbs are pouring sugars into their bodies!

I eat most anything I want and my body regulates how much. I just don't eat regular bread, pasta, rice, white potato, sugary drinks/juices, sugary desserts, chips, crackers, etc. Low carb wraps / bread work well for sandwiches and allow me to easily eat. I also eat fruit in moderation, veggies in unlimited quantity.

I feel that low carb restored a sense of balance and allows my body to control how much I eat. I do log here because of friend requests but 90% of my loss occurred while not logging. I am never hungry, and when i am i eat until satiated Many here find success by eating "everything in moderation", but without the discipline of logging would lose their balance and IMO start gaining again. So I hope they stay here for a good long time to keep their eating under control and meet their goals. But I know I don't need logging to lose while eating low carb.

Ask yourself why your grandparents were not fat. They didn't exercise much. Ate lots of meat and saturated fat. No MFP. Fatty liver and metabolic syndrome didn't even exist. Why were their bodies able to self regulate and yours is not?

Watch the movie "Fat Head" to find out. Despite the unappealing name it is a well researched and entertaining look at what has changed and why. You'll find multiple snippets in YouTube and the full movie free on hulu. Watch it and open your mind to the rubbish we've been fed about healthy eating. (The first half is overly consumed with showing that our unhealthy eating is not due to fast food - the second half is the interesting part)
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    6:30 - 7:00 breakfast : substantial, farina or oats or omlette - generally warm food

10:00-11:00 1st snack: apple or other fruit or carrots or kohlrabi or yougurt

13:00-14:00 lunch - biggest meal of the day ussually , eggs or fish or meat or soy stuff (burgerst, sausages) or vegetables, some sort of warm cereal: barley, milet, quinoa ... or some stew or some substantial soup

15:30-16:00 2nd snack: like the first one just not the same thing

18:30-19:00 dinner: some sort of salad with a lot of veg and some animal protein source (cheese, ham, eggs, fish ect)

If I want wine than I simply eat less threwout the day to incorporate it. If I am below my cals than I eat some dates or raisins or dark chocolate or apple.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I change what I eat every day so I don't get bored.

But a typical day would look like this:

(I travel all morning/day for work, so I have to pack foods and snacks that are conducive to driving).

As soon as I get out of bed, I have a glass of juice.

On my way to work, I have coffee and cream, a bottle of soy milk, and usually dry cereal. Sometimes I will have a bagel and cream cheese or yogurt.

A few hours later, I have a fruit. Then an hour or so later, I will usually have a sandwich. Cheese or peanut butter.

A few hours later, I will have crackers or pretzels with cheese or peanut butter. If I had a cheese sandwich, I will have peanut butter with my carby snack. If I had a peanut butter sandwich, I will have cheese with my carby snack.

If I'm not home from work by this time and I'm hungry, I always keep a snack bar in my lunch bag just in case.

Then I'll come home and relax for a while and have dinner. A typical dinner would be something like 3 oz steak, 2 servings of frozen vegetables and maybe some french fries with sour cream.

Every night before I go to bed, I have an individual serving of ice cream. I like the Dean's lowfat chocolate sandwiches.

If I have a lot of calories left over or have worked out, I will usually have a protein shake made with a half scoop of protein powder and 8 oz soy milk and/or a Greek yogurt.

Like I said, I change what I eat every day, but the structure is pretty much the same every day. Usually once a week, I will have like half a frozen pizza or fast food to keep my sanity.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I aim for 300 cals each for breakfast, luncj, dinner and snacks.

Within that, I try to get my protein up to 100g, and keep my carbs under 100g, and watch I dont go too overboard on sugar!

Breakfast:
    A) Eggs scrambled in the microwave with whatever I have in the fridge (cheese, tomaotes, mushrooms, ham)
    B) Toast or seeded bagel topped with peanut butter or cottage cheese or a smooshed avocado.
    C) porridge or overnight oatmeal
    D) Greek yoghurt with berries and flaxseed.

Lunch:
    A) homemamde vegetable based soup with protein from beans or meat
    B) salad (chicken, tuna, egg, chickpea) Not a big dressing fan, happy to have some lime juice and black pepper.
    C) Leftovers from last night

Dinner:
    Shared with husband. Some sort of grilled meat (steak, fish, chicken) with a side (veggies, lentils) and a smal portion of carbs (potato, pasta, rice)

Snacks:
    Nuts, hard boiled egg, cheese, rice cakes, fruit, cherry tomatoes, seeds, wasabi peas
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I focus on protein, veggies and fruit. I also drink wine and enjoy dark chocolate.

I'm basically the same minus the wine. We only have alcohol around the holidays or special occasions which is usually in the form of wine. I have protein with every meal which is 4 x's a day. I try to have a large breakfast but its spread out over the morning. Since I've started eating breakfast I've been able to lose the weight. I used to have large dinners and graze all night long till I fell asleep but did away with that as well. Now I have a 400 cal dinner or there about and stop eating by 7pm because I'm usually asleep by 9. This is what works for me. I usually have at least one square of dove dark chocolate every day. My husband is a chocoholic and always buys a bag to keep in the house and will sit and eat a fist full every day. I just have one. I used to only eat milk chocolate but I've learned to love dark chocolate and now can't stand the taste of milk chocolate. So I've made a lot of changes in my eating habits. I also watch my salt intake. No more high BP and I'm off all meds now. Don't have heartburn anymore either. Used to have chronic heartburn that kept me up all night and was horrible during the day. That's gone as well.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My guideline is eating what I feel like eating. I eat 1400 cals or more in a day and try to spread that out in 4-6 meals throughout. I try to eat as close to 'natural' and whole foods as possible. I don't like processed foods, it makes me feel icky. I like leaner meats, stay away from pork most of the time. I don't eat alot of bread or pasta (I opt for rice pasta) - just because I've noticed that when I do eat it, I crave it (I figure it's the flour/gluten - I stay away from that too as much as I can)... Not good for staying on the leaner side (for me). I've always loved veggies and water so they've always been around. I keep fruits at a minimum... I don't eat much in restaurants just because I like what I make at home better (but going out for an evening is good for the soul - but I do order the "better" choices off the menu). However, if I want to eat something outside of my usual I don't deprive myself as I don't have a goal of being 10% body fat at the moment... For ME, it's good to have flexibility right now, because that's what is working. I also know that if my desire to be at 10% BF or less resurfaces - I can do that too (just not right now with being a new mom and all). Food plans are great - but they are even more awesome when paired up with an exercise routine :)
  • mslisatm
    mslisatm Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love to eat and cook and have tried a million different ways to eat over the past few years and have finally found a way that satisfies both me and my family and is delicious and healthy. I eat clean, meaning no refined sugars...ie no bread, crackers, pasta, and as little refined sugar as possible. I eat other things minimally or not at all like white rice and potatoes, cheese and fatty meats. I do eat low carb and whole wheat wraps and Ezekial Bread, but very minimally. I eat fruits and veggies as much as I want. You might look at the "Paleo" style of eating too. Many different books on it out there and Clean Eating Magazine has some great recipes online too. I eat three meals a day and a small snack around 11am and another around 3pm. I actually think I don't eat enough calories because I try to only eat when I am hungry and when you eat like this it takes a lot to get up to 1400 cals a day! On average I eat 1200 and have been trying to get up to 1400.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Sigh, people drive me nuts when they don't use the the right forums for their questions. This belongs in food and nutrition.

lool. hahah. true story.
  • ColleenDeBeasi
    ColleenDeBeasi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm trying some new things out, but so far it's working well, and I feel like I can do this for the rest of my life (which is really the goal, right!?!).

During the week, I eat low carb- lots of veggies, lean meats. I usually eat Breakfast, a morning snack (small, usually just a string cheese), lunch (lots of veggies, usually a giant salad and lean protein), 1-2 afternoon snacks, and dinner. Usually with dinner, I'll have a very small portion of carbohydrate (1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 cup brown rice, etc). I limit my calories a little more than the MFP guidelines (1890 is what I'm recommended to lose 1 pound per week, I try to keep it between 1600-1800, but don't freak out if I eat all 1890). Then Friday-Sunday, I eat whatever I want, but keep track of everything and keep it to around 1900.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Eating 6 times per day. Spreading my cals out during those 6 times (150-400 cals per meal--usually 200-350). Eating 1353 cals per day with eating only some of the exercise cals back. I'm eating organic fresh fruits, veggies, nuts and meats. I'm Most days my usuals are eating organic boil eggs, Greek Style Yogurt (full fat), steel cut oats with Amazing Grass Wheatgerm, Alfalfa, & Barley. I'm also using Manitoba Hemp Pro-70 protein power on days that my eating doesn't meet my protein daily requirement.

I'm eating down home types of dinners--home cooked and I'm only eating a portion of these things, instead of boatloads like I used too.

I'm constantly full and am loving eating "clean" and yet utterly delicious everyday!

Here's what I've had for today:

Breakfast
    Dasani - Bottled Water, 17 fl oz
    Trader Joe's Organic Egg (Hard Boiled) - Extra Large Brown, 2 egg
    Generic - Organic Fuji Apple,
    Total Cals 225

lunch
    Trader Joe's Hummus - Salad Dressing, 1 Tbsp
    Trader Joe's - English Cucumber, Raw With Peel, 1/8 cup sliced
    White Swan Acres - Organic Cherry Tomatoes, 10 tomatoes 30
    Olivia's - Organic Baby Spinach, 1.5 cups (85g)
    Olivia's Organics - Baby Spiniach Arugula & Radicchio, 2 cups
    Sproutman - Organic Alfalfa Sprouts,
    Jonathans Organic - Munchin' Mix Sprouted Adzuki Beans Lentils and Peas, 0.13 cup
    Homemade - Gumbo - Recipe by Paula Deen W/Chicken, Sausage, and Shrimp, 1 cups (365 g)
    Trader Joe's - Langostino Lobster Tails,
    Total Cals 349

dinner
    Lucini - Rustic Tomato Vodka Sauce,
    Middle Earth Organics - Organic Tomato and Porcini Mushroom Sauce, 1/8 cup
    Organic Prairie - Organic 100% Grassfed Ground Beef, 85% Lean 15% Fat, 1 oz. (113g)
    Deboles - Organic Spaghetti Style Spinach Pasta, 1.5 oz.
    Fresh - Mixed Veggies: Bell Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Sun Dried Tomato, 1/2 cup, cooked
    Almond - Vegan Mozzerella Cheese, 0.35 oz

Total Cals 317

snack/meal 1
    Babybel Mini Original - Cheese, 40 g
    Fruit - Concord Grapes, 3/8 cup

Total Cals 143

snack/meal 2
    Pom - Pomegranate, Raw - 1 Large Fruit, 550 g weighed with skin
    Babybel Mini Original - Cheese, 20 g
    Total Cals 294

snack/meal 3
    Greek Gods - - Vanilla Honey Yogurt, 0.5 Cup
    Trader Joe's - Blueberries, 0.1875 cup
    California Giant Berry Farms - Raw Organic Strawberries, 50 g (4 oz)
    Amazing Grass Barley, Wheat & Alfalfa - Whole Food Drink Pwd, 1 scoop
    Wonderful - Pistachio Nuts (Shelled), 1/8 cup (30g)
    Total Cals 264

Totals 1,592

Your Daily Goal 1,667

Remaining 75

Minus my exercise: Total Cals eaten=1592-315 exercise cals my NET calories today is: NET 1277 w/75 cals leftover. I'm stuffed all day!
  • rebekkalou
    rebekkalou Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My looks a bit like 300 cal breakie and lunch, 600 cal dinner and 300 in snacks.

I try to eat:
    6-8 serves of veggies, 1 fruit
    4 serves wholegrains and aim for gluten free - usually oatmeal, meusli, potato, brown rice, ryvita, mountain bread, GF grainy bread
    protein - organic meat 2x a week and also egg, lentils, full fat dairy (yogurt, cream cheese, cottage cheese)
    fats - small amounts of nuts, seeds, avocado
    1 glass of wine with dinner 4x a week

I am trying to get my portions under control and resist the sweet food. My goal is to eat natural wholefoods and limit any processed stuff
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!