pizza fix

Options
mammiehorn
mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
When I start craving pizza I just sray a cookie sheet and put 2 pieces of toasted aunt millies bread on it and add 1/4 cup cottage cheese ( half on each slice ) and 1/8 to 1/4 cup of prepared pizza sauce. It comes out to around 135 calories for both and helps curb my craving. The 135 is if you add the whole 1/4 cup sauce. Maybe this will help someone else with cravings and it adds a little extra protein. I bake mine for about 20 minutes at 450.

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    thanks.

When I was a kid my mom used to make english muffin pizza.
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    I love english muffin pizza !!!!
  • Morgenlstar
    Morgenlstar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory tortillas are great too! And the mini ones are only 50 calories so I'll make myself TWO tortilla pizzas and I feel like I'm really splurging but I'm not. =)
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I use one sandwich thin like Oroweat - Sandwich Thins Naturals- 100% Whole Wheat - which ends up being two pieces. Then top it with a low carb/cal pizza or marinara sauce, kraft fat free shredded cheese, and turkey pepperoni.
    The way I make it it ends up being 180 calories. My son loves it too! :)
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think of english muffins! This might raise the calories a bit but I could probably make a meal out of those!
  • poconomama
    Options
    mmmm english muffin pizzas are amazing :)
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i like the kurt angle guiltbuster pizzas. but for less calories, i make pizza on sandwich thins!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    We make bagel thin pizzas and that helps our cravings for pizza!
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    When I get a craving for pizza, I eat pizza. Just not a whole pie!
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Fiber one has muffins that are only 100 calories!!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I take bagel thins which are 110 cals. 1/4th a cup of Capa Di Roma Pizza Sauce, 20 cals & 1/4th a cup of fat free mozzerlla 45 cals. Comes out to 175 calories and is basically a mini bagel pizza. Topping it with some veggies like diced peppers onions and mushrooms makes it even better
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I made one the other day with:

1 foldit flatbread
    1 oz shredded Kraft mild cheddar
    2 oz spaghetti sauce

LOL. It gave me my fix at least.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i use whole grain california lavash. the whole sheet (it's pretty big too) is 120 calories. i've made a lot of personal pizzas this way and i think they're as good as the thin crust flatbreads at the cheesecake factory. the whole thing is 8 slices and maybe 350 calories depending on how you prepare. you can split it and have it with a salad to cut it back even further.

http://www.goudamonster.com/2012/10/quick-calorie-flatbread/

pizza2_sm.jpg
  • RLReed1967
    Options
    This is a really great way to fix pizza, i will have to try it!!!!:smile: omg!! cuz i soooo crave pasta and pizza so trying to find ways to fix different but nutricious pasta dishes are difficult..
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Fleishman's Yeast has a recipe for quick pizza dough. No rising time, no kneading, just great taste. I make mine with whole grain plain flour and follow the yeast pkg directions. pat it THIN and do it on a stone to keep fat down. Go REALLY light on the sauce, but load up on the veggies and use turkey pepperoni. I take a small sized fresh mozarella ball and slice it over the top. Really great, much lower in calories than you would think - as the guy ahead said - just know you cant eat it ALL.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Lavash bread. Now do they have it available in Canada.. That is the question.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    i use whole grain california lavash. the whole sheet (it's pretty big too) is 120 calories. i've made a lot of personal pizzas this way and i think they're as good as the thin crust flatbreads at the cheesecake factory. the whole thing is 8 slices and maybe 350 calories depending on how you prepare. you can split it and have it with a salad to cut it back even further.

http://www.goudamonster.com/2012/10/quick-calorie-flatbread/

pizza2_sm.jpg

This looks absolutely delicious.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this yet, but was thinking of maybe doing thick slices of eggplant....roasting them, then topping with some tomato sauce and a sprinkling of mozz cheese - - has anyone tried this..?
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I use pita bread. pizza sauce, 2% cheese, mushrooms, spinach, onions, and either turkey pepperoni, or grilled chicken. Sometimes I will use light bbq sauce instead of pizza sauce on my chicken pizzas.