Stretch MARKS?!

justsalad
justsalad Posts: 132 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Sooo, I was used to the stretch marks on my inner thighs.
I was used to the stretch marks gracing the sides of my stomach.
But today I found four small stretch marks starting on the front of my stomach.

I'm freaking out.

Any tips and tricks to keep them from getting bigger? Or redder? Why are they coming NOWWWW, I'm being healthy, I'm losing weight, I don't understandddd! :(

127950.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• COCOA BUTTER!!!!! It's not a cure, but it may help them from continuing and will definitely help with the redness!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,123 Member
    I hear ya, girl! A few years ago I noticed a really bad one starting on my tummy... rub Vitamin E oil on it every night before you go to bed. It will eventually make it less noticeable (but won't make it go away... sorry). Mine was really bad... now you really can't see it unless you get very close.
  • You can actually get them when you lose weight rapidly. Try using coco butter lotion and massage the agreas (you can find it in the beauty department of most stres). If all else fails you can get them removed with a lazor treatment (once you have hit your goal weight). It its a little pricy though. It usually cost about $250 per treatment (per spot) and generally most people need 5-6 treatments for best results. Drinking more water may help to. Don't stress out to much about it they do fade away after time anyways (in most cases) so chances are your will be gone eventually. :)

Good Luck - Hope this helps!
  • when I started losing weight, I noticed alot more stretch marks too. It seems to me that as we lose the weigh and get smaller, our skin is getting looser so it gets to come back together? Making those marks more visible. Mine have been getting lighter with time and lotion. Hopefully yours will too. Unfortunately, I dont think that they go away. Anyway, the lotion I use is called Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks. Its pretty much for pregger ladies but it works for me. Hope I helped!
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Other then the obvious reason why people get stretch marks, according to my Dr., stretch marks are mainly genetic. Your just more prone to them if your parents were as well. I got them on my upper legs as a kid do to a growth spurt and got a ton during my 2 pregnancies. NOTHING helped the ones on my stomach and I constantly used coco butter but the ones on my legs faded and I would rub pure vitamin e oil on them at night before I went to bed. Watch out, the oil is thick with a sticky like consistency.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago when I dropped weight quickly. I used that Mederma stuff and i regularly take vitamin e supplements. They are less visible but are stil there:( there are three right next to my belly button and one on my lower abdomen. I too have had stretch marks on my hips from rapid growth during puberty..and was used to that. i feel your pain but apparently when you lose weight quickly they come just as easily.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    I have them on my bottom and thighs :cry: I used to be really really sensitive about it. They do lose that red color over time. Just use lots of lotion for now, like everyone else has said. Oh and tanning makes them stand out more. I'm used to mine now, had them for 12 years now, over time they will tone down a bit :flowerforyou:
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    When I lost 40 lbs, I got a couple at the front of my tummy too.

I didn't know why either, thanks everyone.
  • timmijop
    timmijop Posts: 86 Member
    Avon Clinical Stretch Mark Smoother!!! It is amazing!!! I along with alot of other moms really swear by it and its affordable and it doesnt make your skin feel slick like some of the other products!

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=33929

read the product reviews

this is my personal site and if you order from me you can get your first direct shipping straight to your house for free with this code: WINTER5

Hope this helps! I honestly started selling avon just so I could get this product!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    You can actually get them when you lose weight rapidly. Try using coco butter lotion and massage the agreas (you can find it in the beauty department of most stres). If all else fails you can get them removed with a lazor treatment (once you have hit your goal weight). It its a little pricy though. It usually cost about $250 per treatment (per spot) and generally most people need 5-6 treatments for best results. Drinking more water may help to. Don't stress out to much about it they do fade away after time anyways (in most cases) so chances are your will be gone eventually. :)

Good Luck - Hope this helps!

I thought it was the other way around. I've never heard getting stretch marks by losing weight....I heard by gaining weight or pregnancy because your skin is stretching with weight gain but how can you get them by losing weight rapidly. This is interesting.
  • mariena
    mariena Posts: 39 Member
    You don't get stretch marks by losing weight. You have had the stretch marks all along from gaining weight, but since they were stretched out they were not really visible or noticeable. As you lose weight and the stretched skin is no longer filled out you'll see the stretch marks more as the skin around them begins sag.
  • Unfortunatly there is no 100% cure for getting rid of the boogers. I use cocoa butter which makes them lighter but I don't think they will ever go away. Alot of it has to do with genetics. Some people are just to prone to getting them. Don't feel bad about them I know plenty of people who have never been over weight in their lives and they still have em. Knowing that makes me feel less bad about them.
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    You don't get stretch marks by losing weight. You have had the stretch marks all along from gaining weight, but since they were stretched out they were not really visible or noticeable. As you lose weight and the stretched skin is no longer filled out you'll see the stretch marks more as the skin around them begins sag.

I neverrrr noticed them til now, and I look everytime I have a shower, they just started appearing the last few days :(
  • Oh I feel your pain in a sense. I haven't lost much weight yet, but I already see stretch marks just from my huge weight gain over the last 3 yrs and it is not a pleasant feeling.
This discussion has been closed.