The Weighting Game

I know that getting rid of extra pounds is a process but it is definitely one I wish had a fast forward button. In January of this year I told myself i would lose 60LBS. Well 4 diligent months into the year I was only down 20. I guess from then on I was maintaining cause nothing else came off. Moved back to the US in August, got comfy gained about 6LBS back. So now I'm back at 240 (highest 272) and the year is almost over and I don't think 212 is anywhere is sight. So now I'm playing the weighting game. I've been back in the gym for almost 4 weeks and I'm pushing myself harder than before. I'm only 28 but I'm finding losing these same 60LBS 6 years later is tougher than before. I constantly look in the mirror for some sign of change but I get nothing. SIGH!!! But I know it's only been 4 weeks. Does anybody else hate this cycle? I hate that I've let it become a cycle. So now I'm weighting to see where I will be come new years. I'm not gonna beat myself up if i don't reach 212 (which I prob wont) but I'm anxious to see this hard work pay off. I am constantly sore, exhausted and want to see the reward for my hard work. Ok. I'll come back in another 4 weeks to update you guys.

Replies

• Just don't beat yourself up if you don't reach you goal in the time you want. I have been there done that. I'm pretty sure thats one of my main downfalls. I let myself get discouraged when I don't see the results I want. We are all different. Some can lose the lbs. fast and easy others it's a long slow process. I learned in my case it's long and slow and I think I'm alright with that now because I know I'm getting healthier and healthier each day. So are you and in the long run it will show. I'm proud of all the effort I read about you putting into your weight lose goals and I hope to be more like you very soon. Keep up the GREAT work. You will achieve your goals.
  • I had lost 60lbs. about a year ago. Then my father died oct 2nd. last year and the holidays came around and I just gave up gained almost all back. Just started over again. I know I can do it this time and so can you. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here to help as much as I can.
  • Losing weight is hard and being overweight is hard so it's really about choosing which hard is for you. Don't beat yourself up, your putting failure into your mind already because you feel you don't have enough time to reach your goal. Make smaller goals, instead of looking at the number 60, look at reaching 2 (or however many) pounds this week. You still have lost a lot of weight and you should be proud of that! Start looking into making other changes that are causing you to gain that weight back. The majority of your weight loss will come from what you are eating in the kitchen, Logging your food daily can really show you where you need to make changes. If you do stumble and eat something you shouldn't, don't give up and just binge the rest of the day, get right back on track. That was always my problem! Keep going and stay motivated, you WILL reach your goal!