Am I not in enough shape to...

Options
I am looking at buying and starting Insanity. I worry that I might not be up to the workout level of this program. I find I still have to do modified versions of some moves in Jillian Michael's DVDs. So I wonder if I should give it another month of working out to build up endurance and start Insanity in December instead of November.
So I am wondering if some other people have had this same fear or if those who are overweight and looking to actually drop not just tone had success doing this program.
Thanks!

Replies

• CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am looking at buying and starting Insanity. I worry that I might not be up to the workout level of this program. I find I still have to do modified versions of some moves in Jillian Michael's DVDs. So I wonder if I should give it another month of working out to build up endurance and start Insanity in December instead of November.
    So I am wondering if some other people have had this same fear or if those who are overweight and looking to actually drop not just tone had success doing this program.
    Thanks!

You can always modify Insanity, love.

What you DON'T want to do is put the program on a 'pedestal' and question your ability to complete it.

I'm sorry if it sounds a bit 'cheesy' to you but,

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - either way you're right." - Henry Ford
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You can always try and make it a goal, see how many minutes you can do in one DVD and build up to the entire DVD?? Just a suggestion!?
  • kmitzel1025
    Options
    Actually my boyfriend and I are doing it together. He plays baseball and wrestles and lifts so he is in considerably better shape than I. However, I really enjoy doing this with him. The trick to insanity is to do as much as you can. You push really really hard for 30-45 minutes and it really does leave me drenched in sweat. He does many more reps than I do, but so long as I am working as hard as I can, it does the same to my body as it does to his. Good luck!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I started exercising using 30 DS and I weighed 285lbs. That was in June. I rotate 4 different JM dvd's and they are all great. Just do what you can and you'll get better in no time.