Time to stop making excuses!!

Options
I have been on and off diet plans for most of my adult life! And my weight has gradually got higher and higher! I blamed having my 6 boys for weight gain then realised that most of my weight gain was after they were born each time. I blamed depression for my weight gain as have suffered a lot over the years and still do occasionally but know how to spot the early warning signs better now. So a couple of weeks ago I decided that enough was enough(again) and it was time to start taking action!
To be honest I have tried many of the diets out there from almost starvation to SW and whilst I will not knock these plans as each to their own, they have not worked for me in the long run.
So I put my plan into action....
1. get friends together and start own Diet group ... done currently 4 of us
We each pay £5 a week and this is held in an account until we reach a target we have set for ourselves then we can have the money back to spend as we wish :-)
2. Start Low Carb plan incorporating Shakes, bars but also proper meals. I use Shakes as I am terrible at having breakfast but will drink a shake. I eat/drink my full calorie quota and have lost 9lb in 2 weeks :bigsmile:
3.Stop making excuses and start looking at ways I can improve my life and be a better role model to my boys.

So there it is .... I am feeling more positive than I have for a long time and low carbing seems to be helping me, the first couple of days were grim as was a big carb gobbler but is better now :happy:
One question.. do any of you find that caffeine slows down weight loss? as I read somewhere it can affect insulin levels, do you know if this is true?
Anyway watch this space and wish me luck xx
Julie