Anyone else with IBS?

Options
13»

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I had IBS for several years and all the symptoms disappeared when i changed to a whole foods, plant based diet. I'm not sure if it is related to fiber or if it is bacteriological or what part of the diet change actually helped, but it worked.
  • NoJustTheDude
    Options
    Ever since I started eating cereal with tons of fiber, my problems have vanished! Try eating 1 cup of General Mills - Fiber One Original every morning. By the way, you got to get the "Original" because it is much lower in calories (120 cal for 1 cup) than the other varieties of Fiber One and has 0 gm of added sugar.
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have IBS and GERD for 10 years. I am also Gluten intolerant.

I would suggest an elimination diet to find out what your triggers are.
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Im starting to think this might be my issue, constantly ill - bloated stomach, cramps and all the general toilet issues people seem to have :( - especially after eating. I think I have gluten issues as well. Need to go to docs, but so expensive over here I just cant afford it at the moment.
    Ive been doing low carb for a while and noticed my symptoms improve a lot when I did that. Think I will have to try elimination diet, although I have had any gluten today and still feel crook. Possibly the coffee I had this morning? *BIG SIGH* so annoying :(