Advice needed asap

Options
Hi,

I'm just wiondering if anyone can advice me, I've followed the 1200 recommednation for a month but the weight is not cominf off:-( Could anyone look at my food journal and give me advice on how to remedy this!

Thanks a million:-)

FYI I drink 1.5-2ltrs water every day - I dont bother inputting this as its something I always do.

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm just wiondering if anyone can advice me, I've followed the 1200 recommednation for a month but the weight is not cominf off:-( Could anyone look at my food journal and give me advice on how to remedy this!

Thanks a million:-)

FYI I drink 1.5-2ltrs water every day - I dont bother inputting this as its something I always do.

what's you goal weight loss per week? are you tracking your sodium? if your goal weight loss is set at 0.5 lbs/week and you're eating too much sodium, you could easily be retaining more water than the weight you've lost and therefore not showing any movement on the scale.
  • TNiM
    TNiM Posts: 3
    Options
    My target weight loss is 1.5lbs pw!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    hi, ok I'm going to be honest, today is fine, I personally think you need to log what you make your oats up with as thats missing and that potato was a heavy potato, but today was ok. Now the last 3 days (i didnt look any further) theres 3 or 4 packs of crisps, high salt, high bad fat, no nutrition, Take aways.... anyway I didnt notice exercise?. But my advice - eat clean, that means detox from all the packaged stuff, yes today was ok but the days before weren't so I'd go to the library get some books on nutrition there are so many, i recommend lean and clean diet, or south beach. They worked for me, join a gym, one pack of crisps if you must a week but 3 in 3 days, theres your answer. Good luck I truly wish you all the best with it. :)
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You say your BMI is just hanging in the healthy range so you haven't got much weight to lose. 1.5lb a week is probably unrealistic.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I agree, if you're in the healthy bmi range then your tactics have to be a bit cleverer. Are you doing any strength training? Definitely, eat a bit cleaner, and do you really eat 3 bananas in one day? I'd also suggest tracking your sugar.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    set your calories to lose 1lb per week

eat back your exercise calories (because you dont have a lot to lose)

eat a LOT more protein - aim for 100g per day

aim to get at least 5 portions of fruit and veg per day

add strength training to your exercise routine if you dont already do it.