Good news! its OK to have an "off diet" day

Options
The best thing about getting into the myfitnesspal groove is that you realise that, as long as you get back in the saddle the day after a 'fall', you can make up the lost ground. Previously I have just given up diets entirely after a binge but now, with MFP, I find it easier to put a bad day into perspective. We all have difficult days but the important thing is to keep at it. Best wishes to all on MFP:smile:

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Studies have proven that if you allow yourself a non diet meal per week and have a full diet break for up to two weeks, every few days or weeks, depending on how heavy you are and your activity levels, it is psychologically better and the weight still comes off (as long as the breaks and free meals are not all out binges)
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thank God! I can forgive myself for that party I went to on Saturday, then!?!?! heehee
    --- you're right though...It makes total sense in the long run to pace oneself and permit freebies. :drinker:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude! I love it and agree completely.

Something that other people say is "I fell off the wagon" but I always say its "a detour" because I don't think anyone technically stops. Whether you mess up for a day or for a year, your still on your journey. Yes, you might not be making the right choices but you should never ever think there is an option to stop. That has helped me realize that I am making long term changes and there is no going back.
  • USMC1968
    USMC1968 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's my plan and it works for me... I am glad I found this site... My treats and the food I love some of the reasons I can do so good most of the time... I keep it simple, eat less, move more, drink water...
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Simple answer YES!!!! worked for me too.
  • goldenaurea
    Options
    For me what i've deduced on MFP so far, is that you can eat outside your diet , or have a "cheat day" and still lose weight if you work out and stay within the limits of your calorie intake for the day. I've recently added cranberry juice to my diet but I only have 8oz a day and Saturday I had two pack of cornbread, one for breakfast and one for dinner. Thus morning I lost 0.4 on the scale after my Sunday and Monday workout. I feel great and woke up craving fruits today lol (waw I am changing). For breakfast I had hard boiled eggs (2) steamed patchoi, cranberry juice, green tea with mint and water.