Do you add calories burned at work?

Options
I've gone back and forth on what to set my activity level at. Weekends are definitely sedentary, aside from exercise. Work days vary, though I am on my feet walking on concrete much of the day. I'm an animal tech, so I spend my day cleaning cages, moving cages, catching animals - lots of bending/squatting. Just wondering how other people are doing this. I haven't been factoring these calories in (I view them as a kind of cushion), but I don't want to short myself too much.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Based on your job and the fact that you said you exercise on the weekends, I'd say your activity level is more active than sedentary. Even with one or two rest days per week on my schedule, I'm set on active, and I'm a stay at home mom. :smile: And the fat is coming off, so this is working for me.

How are you doing with where your calories are currently set? Any trouble meeting the goal? Hard to keep from going over? Hungry? Tired? Satisfied? Looks like you've been losing, so if you feel you're getting enough to eat, keep doing what you're doing. If not, it's time to tweak things for a few weeks and see what works.

I found this topic to be very helpful in setting my calories: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Great tools for calculating your BMR, goals, activity level, and calories - great companion to MFP. I use that system and set my calories & macros manually here at MFP. KNowing my BMR and my TDEE and eating in between those two numbers has been very freeing and helpful.
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i do not add any calories while at work or nipping into town on my bike in the bonus bank
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Your work calories should be accounted for when you set your activity level.