calories burned vs. calories eaten .

Options
SV17GT
SV17GT Posts: 16 Member
I'm burning around1150 calories a day in my workouts , and eating around 1450-1500 calories. Some days by evening I'm so hungry I can't think of anything except food. If I boost my food with a snack in the enening , say a protien bar ,at about190 calories, am I wasting my time ??

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    At that calorie level you're probably under eating to start with (check what your BMR is) and then with that much exercise you probably are hungry. You need to feed your body.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    If you're burning 1150 calories on workout days, then you should probably be eating a minimum of 2000 calories those days. Find you BMR and try not to NET under that number.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    That means you are eating a net amount of 350 - 400 cals a day with exercise. You need to up your cals. A LOT.
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm burning around1150 calories a day in my workouts , and eating around 1450-1500 calories. Some days by evening I'm so hungry I can't think of anything except food. If I boost my food with a snack in the enening , say a protien bar ,at about190 calories, am I wasting my time ??
    If you are working out at that level, you should probably eat at least 2000 calories, if not more.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if someone came on here and said they were eating about 400 calories per day , would you say that was enough?

essentially that is what you're doing. if you are significantly overwight (if you have more than 100lbs to lose) then your body will be able to cope with this for a short period of time (weeks). otherwise you may be doing yourself a lot of harm.

you should NET at least 1200 cals.