Hot Tea

Options
Hello Everyone!

I am just curious....I drink ALOT of Hot Tea at work while at the office....Green Tea, Black Tea, Earl Grey Etc. Should I count this as water consumed down in the water chart? I didn't know if I should because it has caffeine and is flavored...does anyone still add it to the water chart or do you just use plain water for this. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Replies

• SamSaint
    Options
    how much suagr/milk do you put in? (if any) keep in mind that 1tsp of raw sugar has 30 calories in it, check on the back of the pack im pretty sure all companies are required by law to let the consumer know the nutritional details. i know for a fact that i cup of black tea is 2 cals so i dont think the calories are going to hurt! as for hydration its complicated.
    on a hot day caffine assists the body in utilizing H20. however it is also a diuretic (makes you pee) id count each full 250ml (or 8oz is your US) as 1/2 a cup of water (so 2 cups of tea = 1 cup of water)
  • cw10happy
    Options
    I count coffee, tea in my daily totals of water.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    The only thing i mark for water, is water, every thing else should be put up with the rest of it . that way you can see everything you have.
  • SamSaint
    Options
    The only thing i mark for water, is water, every thing else should be put up with the rest of it . that way you can see everything you have.

or that. i just like to be complicated - wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much time on my hands atm loll
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I agree that water is the only thing I count as water on my chart. Anything else gets added under the drink category above to track the calories as well. I drink a lot of tea during the day too but I still get in my 8-10 glasses of just straight water everyday....and yes...that makes for A LOT of bathroom breaks!
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    Thanks all :) Really helps and I sort-of figured that I just I better just add plain water to my water counter and nothing else. :) Have a great day!!!!