So, how do you guys celebrate your birthdays?

Options
Ok, I know it's probably the one day of the week that I shouldn't worry so much about what I eat, but still. I gave in to some binges over the holidays and have learned that one thing kind of triggers another for me and i can't stop, especially with sweets. And since all of our family functions are set on eating, I'm wondering what to have for my birthday get together.

I'm thinking we should grill out, that way I can have chicken or a turkey burger. And there will be cake, oh yes. haha
My mom and sister keep asking me what I want, but then they snarl their nose up if I say chicken with baked potato and salad :laugh:

Replies

• emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    grilling is an awsome idea, ask for angel food cake or have them make the recipe with diet soda cake, because it your going to drink alcohol theres your treat, if not have a large slice of cake :flowerforyou:
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about that! My goal is to be at my goal by my birthday, haha if that makes sense, and the last two years we've went to the melting pot which is basically way too much food and all fondue and cheese/meats/desserts blah blah blah. BUT as great as it is it always gives me the worst stomach ache, and ive noticed since ive been eating so much healthy foods, almost all the time when i eat something "bad" i feel really sick, and i dont want to feel that way on my birthday, so im thinking maybe going somewhere and having something healthy but really tastey ORR a place thats maybe a fun atmosphere, I kind of want to go to.. IDK how to spell it, benny-hanas is how its pronounced but i can never remember the spelling, where they cook like oriental type food all right infront of you and throw knives and stuff while they're at it?!?!?!

If you planned to eat at home you could have something you really love but add a big salad... and im definately wanting cake, BUT, if the main problem is the LEFTOVER CAKE because I know i cant have it in the house, I dont mind eating it on my birthday but i dont have enough self control that if it was left there i'd have more of a birthweek of eating cake.. =) SO maybe get something really special that only comes in ONE, or have somebody take it home with them.. Like you could have a nice sundae.. ORRR angel food cake if you want to go healthier... cool whip free +strawberries + frozen yogurt or angel food??

Or work out a lot the few days before and be really "good" and you wont feel guilty... Just think one day of eating not the best isnt going to keep you from your goal =)
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm about to face the same dilema in a couple weeks. Yikes. Usually my birthday celebration consists of cocktails and I don't have good judgement after that. :) This year won't be any different but maybe the dancing while I'm out will help out with the excess calorie consumption. :)
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    My birthday is St. Patrick's Day! I'm going to eat cake and drink beer and not even MFP can stop me!! :-D
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I have to worry about this on Monday. I'm going to allow myself to have a cheat day and not count anything. The cake that's left over will be going with my hubby to his office...so I won't be tempted.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    my birthday was 2 days ago, so I made a red velvet cake from cookinglight.com and brought the whole thing into work the next day so that the leftovers wouldn't be there to tempt me. it was so yummy.

my boyfriend took me out to dinner and I said screw it and got a burger since I've been craving it. we got steamed clams as an appetizer (low calorie) and so I wasn't tempted to eat my fries since I was so full.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy your day. Have all your favorite foods in small enough portions so that none is left. Have your favorite cake. What is the point of eating something you don't like! When you've eaten your cake, save one slice then send everything away with your mom. If she can make a 1/2 cake that would be even better. I cut recipes in half all the time.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Let's see....cake, alcohol, cheeseburgers....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I would go for some kind of fancy chicken with veggies and a carb, then I wouldn't feel guilty about having cake. I like the idea of grilling the chicken, though it is kind of cold out! For my birthday, I ate light all day and had half a cheeseburger and half the fries for dinner. Then I had a small piece of cake and 2 beers. Overall, went over but not by a heinous amount. Enjoy your day and happy birthday!!!! :drinker:
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    I think grilling is a great idea! Also angel food cake is just as good to me as regular cake. Its your birthday everyone should do what you want! And if having a healthy meal is what you want then you should get that!
    BTW... checked out your pics... you don't even look like the same person!! Way to go, you look amazing!!!
  • Phatdaddymike
    Options
    we always go out to eat and then my wife makes me my favorite cake and i have ice cream too!! I dont drink beer or anything so i guess that helps me have more cake!!! YEAHHHHHH!!!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yay, thanks for all the ideas guys!! My birthday is on Tuesday (26th) and I have a twin brother that has been my weight loss partner in crime so that will help!!! Our favorite is red velvet, I would LOVE to have the cooking light recipe if you guys have it.
    Thanks so much, you are awesome :wink:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I will be 25 February 19th and I will not be sticking to my diet. Every year My husband takes me Hooters (My favorite place to eat) with a group of our friends for chicken and beer.:drinker: