Good Protein Bar

Options
2»

Replies

• klcs07332515
    klcs07332515 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Clif bars, sometime that's my breakfast with coffe or tea.
    They are 220-240 calories with10g protein. They come in many
    flavors and are filling. Helps to keep the hungry horrors away!
    My problem is keeping my calories down. One day I do great the
    next over just a little, then BAM next day I'm at 1900 cals. But, I love
    this sight it helps to realize what you eat and to cut it out or down to eat healthier.:glasses:
  • njitalian
    Options
    VPX Sports Zero Impact Pumpkin Supreme bars. If I gotta eat a bar, that's my go to.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I stick with the shakes - usually higher protein, less carbs & calories. My fav: Jay Robb Whey. The bars can come packed with calories, carbs, sugar --- read the labels carefully! If you want a meal replacement, that's one thing... but you said "snack" so be CAREFUL!
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I usually stay away from protein bars because most of them use Soy Protein. But If I had to pick one it would be KIND bars. They are Organic and very good.

http://www.kindsnacks.com/kind-store/buy-kind-bars#!/bars
  • Raya1980
    Options
    I love these bars but they are expensive, I only buy about 10 of them when I go to GNC. Other than that I buy the Clif Builder bars when I go grocery shopping.
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone!!! I got lots of great ideas to try from you guys and I really appreciate your suggestions!!!

I am also going to "bump" this so I will always be able to access the info!!
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I like Supreme Bar... the caramel pretzel one. Bodybuilding.com...walmart...GNC are places I have found them.
    Oh yeah ...ready to drink shakes are good. Low carb low sugar. 32g of protein.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Another +1 for Quest. They have a ton of fibre, whey protein, and not much sugar. A good protein to calorie ratio. I'm not convinced they're entirely good for you as they do have some funky ingredients (the fibre is some weird thing which also gives the bar much of its sweetness), but to me the good probably outweighs the bad.
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Unless you're vegetarian, just eat more chicken!

...I sound like a Chick Fil A advertisement. :P
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein Bars (all flavors)

Supreme Protein Bars (All flavors except Peanut Butter and Jelly) Especially like the one that has the wafer. BOGO 1/2 off at CVS a lot of times.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I love these bars but they are expensive, I only buy about 10 of them when I go to GNC. Other than that I buy the Clif Builder bars when I go grocery shopping.

I order them by the box off of Amazon. Saves about $0.60 per bar.
    Love them.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I like the Atkins bars myself. My faves are the caramel chocolate nut roll (feel like I am eating a Snicker bar) and for breakfast, the Atkins Daybreak Hazelnut bar is awesome, If you like Ferrer Rocher, you will love those! Very low carb and low sugar.

For protein drinks, my favorite are the EAS drinks for 17g protein and only 100 cals. I blend the strawberry flavor with a cup of frozen sliced strawberries and have a huge frozen smoothie for only 150 cals.
  • kimama01
    kimama01 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering this myself. Thanks for all the great info!
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars. :)

Forgot to mention, they aren't covered in chocolate they are a pressed bar. They are all 170-210 calories.

have about 18 grams fiber in each one.

20 grams of WHEY/Milk protien. (no soy or other crap)

no artificial sweeteners, no oils. They are low in carbs as well.

Oh... and they taste REALLY good. I like the strawberry cheesecake, coconut cashew, PB&J, and apple pie ones.

^^^ I second Quest Strawberry Cheescake bars. I also use carb conscious supreme protiein bars and powercrunch bars.
  • LeighAnna115
    Options
    Pure Protein bars...each bar contains 18-32g of protein (depending on what size bar you get), and has less than 4g of sugar. Not bad tasting at all

I agree, these are great! I use them all the time when I'm rushing from class to work. Natural protein from meats, veggies, eggs etc are always best, but as far as protein bars go Pure Protein Bars are great.
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I usually stay away from protein bars because most of them use Soy Protein. But If I had to pick one it would be KIND bars. They are Organic and very good.

http://www.kindsnacks.com/kind-store/buy-kind-bars#!/bars

^^ This^^ These are amazing bars and no sugar alcohols. I love them. You can buy them on Amazon too.
  • RaViCa
    RaViCa Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I order them by the box off of Amazon. Saves about $0.60 per bar.
    Love them.

Thanks for the info. Time to go Shopping!
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of oatmega 3 bars