Anybody else given up artificial sweeteners?

Options
13»

Replies

• Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've never been big on using them instead of sugar; I prefer real sugar over fake. However, I recently started reading labels more closely and discovered just how much crap (like fake sugars) are added to lower fat products to make them taste better. I've been successful at using reasonable amounts of full fat cheese, sour cream, etc. and still losing weight.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I never really consumed them much to begin with. They taste gross to me. They taste...well, artificial. I did give up regular soda though and it was hard! Hang in there. Eventually you won't crave it anymore.
  • BD_Fitness
    Options
    I use honey or stevia.
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I dont know if it was just me but the times i did try them they seemed to be totally unlike sugar with a odd taste that wasn't even sugary if that makes any sense. So i just went cold turkey on sugar and started drinking green tea instead of coffee.

damm i miss coffee :( but when i have one now its treat so go full out caramel sugar hit :D other than that fizzy pop has never really been in my diet for years.

Never heard of Stevia though is it a US thing ?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Question for the OP. Do the doctors in your oncology ward use artificial sweetners? Do they let their children drink diet soda? For me, that's all the proof I need--don't need to see studies.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    The weight of the evidence that I've seen indicates that they're safe. If you really want to be safer then don't get a motor vehicle, make sure that you maintain a healthy body fat percentage, don't drink alcohol to excess, and if you have children under 4 make sure they know how to swim.

Done all this. Surprised?

Why would anyone be surprised? There are numerous statistically backed risk reduction decisions, such as these, that we can make.