How do I get fit!? Help!

Options
I'm very unfit and I really want to be:) plz help!

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Eat less...move more...make better choices. We cant help you with those, you have to do them yourself. Every day.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Fit? A combination of cardio and strength training.

There are many options for both cardio and strength, it's just a matter of finding what works best for you.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Eat less...move more...make better choices. We cant help you with those, you have to do them yourself. Every day.

^^ I rep this. Thats the truth!
  • LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What are you doing now? Describe your level of unfitness in terms of: how long can you walk without puffing? How much weight can you lift (grocery bag of XYZ pounds) and how long can you carry this grocery bag.

Alternatively, try finding a simple fitness test.

Finally, try reading a Primal Blueprint Fitness 101 book, it is free and pretty good functional start-up that takes into account what humans are natural at.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You just need to start moving. Walking is a great exercise. And from there you have lots of options, increase your speed and distance and maybe even start doing interval runs and full on runs. You can also bike, hike, swim, or buy some DVDs and do workouts in the comfort of your own home. Thare's not even a need to join a gym or buy weights. Start doing body weight exercises like push-ups, sit-ups, tricep dips (google for more ideas). Join a local sports team even...

It's not so much important what you do, but that you do something! Try lots of things and keep doing what you enjoy!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I'm very unfit and I really want to be:) plz help!

Find a physical activity you like doing.

Start at a challenging but not impossible level.

Do it consistently.

Allow sufficient recovery time.

Keep pushing yourself to improve but not so much you burn yourself out and hate what you are doing.

Keep adding new challenges.

Keep doing it.

Allow sufficient recovery time (it bears repeating....)

Result: total amazement at your body's ability to adapt over a short space of time due to supercompensation.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options

everyday
  • HoneyIShrunktheMom
    Options
    I don't want to reply with such a blanket statement of eat less and move more, but .... that really is the cold, hard truth.

YOU have to decide to make changes in your life. You have to start planning ahead for what you will eat, you have to make good choices and you have to make yourself learn to exercise. You don't have to love it but you have to DO it. That's the bottom line.

If YOU want to be fit then YOU have to put in the work.

Once you develop habits, it really is easier than it is in the beginning.