cutting more than 1000 calories a day

2»

Replies

• xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    what did you do in the past to burn 2000kcal a day? usually only pro athletes burn that much. mma/boxers/swimmers/

ran 6-9 miles in morning (800-1200 calories)

ran 4 miles, then walked 4 miles, or walked 8 miles (700-1000 calories roughly)

Your body (especially your knees) will eventually give out if you do that for too long.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    what did you do in the past to burn 2000kcal a day? usually only pro athletes burn that much. mma/boxers/swimmers/

Your body (especially your knees) will eventually give out if you do that for too long.

maybe i wasn't clear in my question, but i intend to do this for a week or 2, then drop to 2 pounds a week. i was looking for someone that may have done this in the past, and someones experience.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member

maybe i wasn't clear in my question, but i intend to do this for a week or 2, then drop to 2 pounds a week. i was looking for someone that may have done this in the past, and someones experience.

I still think it will be a lot for your body unless you're used to that kind of regimen.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member

thats alot of mileage, im not a runner but i dont think even distance runners do that much daily. good luck
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    I think it all depends on your current weight, I did that plenty of times while I was trying to lose the weight, and some weeks I would lose 4lbs, some I would still lose the 2. But I also had/have a lot of fat, so my body still had something to burn, I was eating an average of 2000 calories a day, but burning a total of any where between 3500 -4600 a day depending if I worked out or not. Also long distance runners do a lot more running than that, but the usually don't cut that many calories, and usually do a lot of stretching, icing, and elevating after.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    I think it all depends on your current weight, I did that plenty of times while I was trying to lose the weight, and some weeks I would lose 4lbs, some I would still lose the 2. But I also had/have a lot of fat, so my body still had something to burn, I was eating an average of 2000 calories a day, but burning a total of any where between 3500 -4600 a day depending if I worked out or not. Also long distance runners do a lot more running than that, but the usually don't cut that many calories, and usually do a lot of stretching, icing, and elevating after.

yea thats really what im wondering, is if im fat enough to do that for a week or 2 without loosing muscle. maybe i should just stick to 2 pounds.