Where my Zumba fanatics at!?

Options
Any others out there that LOVE Zumba? Share your thoughts, favorite DVD's, etc! :)

Replies

• PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's not the only exercise I do, but it is by far my favorite. I haven't done any of the DVDs, but I do take a live class, and I also use Zumba Fitness Rush and Zumba Fitness Core for the xbox.
  • StephD1185
    StephD1185 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Do you track your Zumba sessions on MFP? I went to add my class from today and Zumba was not an option -- MFP suggested I find a similar activity to use for the calorie burn rate, I'm curious what other people chose to use.
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Do you track your Zumba sessions on MFP? I went to add my class from today and Zumba was not an option -- MFP suggested I find a similar activity to use for the calorie burn rate, I'm curious what other people chose to use.

It's a shame MFP doesn't have Zumba as an option. I went on the website and you can insert your intensity and how long and it gives you a rough average of how many calories you should burn doing the workout. I put mine in as high impact aerobics since I do go all out during the routine, and it actually comes out a bit lower than what Zumba says you should be burning. So I figure if it's a little lower, than I can't complain much!
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't have it listed but YOU can add it...then go to zumbacalories and calculate approx. calorie burn, I error on the low side.
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Here I am!!!! Instructor here, I do zumba about 6 times a week in addition to my Kettlebell workouts. I wear an HRM which is best since your intensity levels differ all of the time.
  • NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight I was a zumba fanatic! Going to classes 2x weekly. I ended up buying a heart rate monitor so I knew how many calories I was actually burning per class. I was shocked to see that I was burning between 700-800 calories per class! Because of a hectic school schedule, I stopped going to zumba in the early summer. Tonight it my first class back. I am nervous but so ready to 'get back to basics'.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I used to love Zumba but my favorite instructor just got in big trouble. I think I even heard she got arrested. :devil:
  • RosaC773
    RosaC773 Posts: 126
    Options
    Yes, Zumba junkie here.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

I use this site for right now, but I would like to get a good HRM soon.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    I :heart: Zumba!

-45 pounds from doing Zumba. I started with the Wii game and then went to a live class and now do 2 classes a week plus work out at home an hour a day. I have downloaded the songs my instructor uses and I memorized the choreography so that I can do it at home. I push harder, move faster, jump higher and all around enjoy myself more in a live class then at home! You really have to push when you are at home by yourself!
  • Quanda1972
    Quanda1972 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba!!!!! I use the Zumba Fitness System DVD.......I use an android application called cardio trainer. It has zumba listed as a workout. I actually use cardio trainer for all workouts. I downloaded a new app today called Endomondo. I am going to try it out tomorrow.
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Heart rate monitor is the best way.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Or ycan google calories burned doing Zumba that is what I used before getting an HRM
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Zumba = love <3
  • Denjo060
    Options
    I used to love Zumba but my favorite instructor just got in big trouble. I think I even heard she got arrested. :devil:

Is she the same on that got it for running the prostitution ring?
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Heart rate monitor is the best way.

Def use an HRM. Online says between 500-1000 calories, but since I'm smaller, I burn less calories--about 380-400 per class. That's a big difference from what they estimate! If you want to use MFP, just type in "dancing" and see what comes up.
  • staop
    staop Posts: 3
    Options
    Here is a great website to track what is being burned off! I am Zumba for LIFE!! http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Im here, Im here! LOVE ZUMBA! I go at least twice a week! Just to the class my gym has to offer and I have zumba for the Wii (which is fun- but not the same kind of burn) .
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba....any suggestions on shoes besides the ones you have to order online. I have wide feet so I need to try my shoes on.
  • Denjo060
    Options
    I love Zumba....any suggestions on shoes besides the ones you have to order online. I have wide feet so I need to try my shoes on.

I wear cross trainers they do not have as much of a tread like running shoes do
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    LOVE Zumba! I take classes 3 nights a week, and we have the DVDs, although we rarely use those to be honest. Much more fun in person !!

I've lost 20 inches total so far- 9 of which were around my waist!!!

I've never lost weight there like that... it's always the very last place I loose it, and it's steadily dropping, even more so than other areas. Pretty amazing.