Just Married ????

poppychop
poppychop Posts: 10
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
Oh! That was 47 years ago today. I was in the Marines and weighed all of 145 pounds. The weight came slowly, then I quit smoking 16 years ago and it took off, before I knew it I was pushing 260 and in poor health. I found MFP completely by accident and decided to give it a try. I normally check in on Sunday, stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 240, so it's a great day all around. By the way I married gram09200 who complained that she was being harassed when she introduced herself. While I do not post much there my never be a post from her.:happy:

Replies

• poppychop
    Oh! That was 47 years ago today. I was in the Marines and weighed all of 145 pounds. The weight came slowly, then I quit smoking 16 years ago and it took off, before I knew it I was pushing 260 and in poor health. I found MFP completely by accident and decided to give it a try. I normally check in on Sunday, stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 240, so it's a great day all around. By the way I married gram09200 who complained that she was being harassed when she introduced herself. While I do not post much there my never be a post from her.:happy:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    I feel really bad that she felt like she was harrassed there is so much good info on here and support. I wish you both luck in your goals and please tell her I am still rooting for her even if she never posts
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Welcome to the site. Hope to hear from both of you from time to time.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Welcome and Congratulations on your marriage:flowerforyou: 47years is something to celebrate.
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Welcome, and congratulations on your anniversary.
    I'm so sorry you wife was hurt. Please encourage her to give posting a try again. I'm sure nobody meant to be negative towards her. Any advice given by MFPers is given to help, not to bring each other down.
  • poppychop
    Thanks everyone. My wife wasn't being harassed by the MFP'ers. She was just being harassed by me to join the site. She probably still won't post but she's doing great.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome to both of you. Its is wonderful to see couples on here. Glad to hear of your successes:happy:
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Oops sorry. I guess I misunderstood. Anyways, I'm glad to hear that we didn't offend her.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    When I reread your first post I see where we all misunderstood. That's a good lesson for us, we thought we had done something wrong.....:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.