Purchased a Polar FT4 hrm

Options
Hi all, I just recently purchased a new polar ft4 hrm. I've used it while doing Turbofire and got some extreme results in the calories burned department. Was wondering if this is really that accurate? It says that for my Fire 45 class I burned 577 calories. I was really pushing it but I also had to take a break from time to time. I am at least 30 lbs overweight so I'm not sure if this is a true accurate measurement, although my stats were logged into the watch before I started. Thanks!

Replies

• SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    I have that HRM as well. I think that it is pretty accurate.
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I always take 10% off of what my polar says, I read an article somewhere that it could be at MOST 10% off. So for 577, I would log 520. But yes, turbo burns serious calories! It isn't surprising you burned that much.
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Funny, my burns on my Polar FT4 are always lower than others doing the same workout. For you I'd say record the 577 but don't eat back all of it, if you plan on eating exercise calories. Maybe just eat back 400, then you'll still be out ahead. =)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I find mine very accurate. I'm assuming that you set it up with all the correct information when you got it? It makes a huge difference if those numbers are right for it's calculations.