Halloween Tattoo - advice needed

Options
KatWood
KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
So my two favourite holidays are Halloween and Christmas (in that order). I'd like to get a tattoo of Jack's snowflake from the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas". Any suggests on placement? I don't want it to be highly visible when I am at work wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt. A bit visible (like back of my neck for example) would be ok. I also don't want it to be in a spot where it will be easily distorted by weight gain or loss (hopefully loss!). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else have or want a Halloween tattoo?

Here is a photo from the movie. What I want is just the snowflake in black instead of white.

48418_8333_thumb.jpg

Replies

• KatWood
    Options
    Trying again to get the photo to work.

48418_8333_thumb.jpg
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    How about the top of your foot? That would be cool!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    that would be really cool in white ink!
  • MichkaMeShell
    MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How adorable! I love it! I say ball of the shoulder. I think it would wrap nicely and stay the same no matter what weight gain or lost.
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    What about the inside of your wrist, behind your ear, inside or outside of ankle, shoulder blade?
  • Raya1980
    Options
    I think your hip would be a great place, would look very hot there too.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    All my tats are easily hidden, on on my back, shoulder blade, inside of my forearm (but it's small enough to be covered by a bandaid), ankle, and calf. I'll be getting one more on my calf and one on my foot. All can be shown without looking tacky or trashy, and so far none have been affected by my weight loss or gain.

Edited for poor spelling...
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My tattoo is on my upper back/shoulder- so its visible in certain tank tops and in anything with a "racer back" style, but isn't always showing. Most people don't quickly gain weight on their upper backs; I've had it 5 years so I can't say much about long-term skin sagging.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you're asking. i would never get a holiday tattoo. But, that's me. Maybe just get a creepy spider?
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    The back of your neck will hurt like hell. Trust me. Pick a fleshy spot. ;-)
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My husband has a half sleeve of Nightmare Before Chistmas. :) I think wrist would be cute. Don't get white...you won't be able to see it after a couple of years. I have a lot of white in mine and you can't see it...and in my husbands tattoo he has snowflakes...you can barely see them . :(
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    that would be really cool in white ink!

Or in Black light ink!!!! Then you could get it where ever you wanted.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

disagree here. don't ever avoid a spot just because it might hurt.
    tattoos are supposed to hurt. it's part of the fun!
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Upper arm/shoulder/hip? Depending on how big you want it, it could go just about anywhere.

I will get a Halloween one eventually. Just not sure what or where. Halloween is my anniversary. At some point I will probably get a small Jack & Sally somewhere. I dunno. As much as I <3 Halloween, I just can't really think of a good Halloween themed tattoo.

When I was at the tattoo place this past Saturday, a girl in the waiting area had an awesome full sleeve of Nightmare b4 Xmas.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options

This.

I waited a long time to get a tattoo mostly out of fear that it would hurt.

Got it on my very bony shoulder blade. I went in prepared to scream...

Know what happened? I literally fell asleep during the process.
  • meganlynn0103
    Options

I have one on the back of my neck and it didnt hurt at all. I have them behind my ears too and i actually feel asleep when he was doing them
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Any fleshy area is going to be affected by weight loss/gain. If you want a spot that won't be affected then you're going to have to put up with the pain
  • TreeHugger2013
    TreeHugger2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I have one at the base of my neck and it wasn't that bad. Back tats are pretty easy to conceal ... what about ankle, forearm, shoulder ... all sorts of places that are easily hidden. :smile:
  • KatWood
    Options
    Upper arm/shoulder/hip? Depending on how big you want it, it could go just about anywhere.

I will get a Halloween one eventually. Just not sure what or where. Halloween is my anniversary. At some point I will probably get a small Jack & Sally somewhere. I dunno. As much as I <3 Halloween, I just can't really think of a good Halloween themed tattoo.

When I was at the tattoo place this past Saturday, a girl in the waiting area had an awesome full sleeve of Nightmare b4 Xmas.
    Halloween anniversary! Awesome! I wanted to have a Halloween wedding. Even though he isn't a Halloween freak my husband was willing to do it. Our parents were less than thrilled so we ended up not doing it. For Halloween tattoos I also considered getting some sort of haunted house silhouette.
  • KatWood
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have a high pain tolerance so that isn't a concern. I have ugly feet so although I think it is a cool spot for a tattoo I don't really want to call attention to me feet :) I think what I am going to do is buy some Halloween themed temporary tattoos and experiment with location to see what I like. I am thinking it will either be wrist, above my ankle on the outside of my leg, or the back of my neck high near my hairline. Thanks again for all the great ideas! I will post a photo once I get it done.