My FIRST MAJOR NSV!

Options
So...on Saturday I ran my first 5k...and I ran the whole way! Didn't stop once! It took me 42 minutes but 3 months ago I couldn't even run 3 minutes without having to stop for a walk.

Feeling pretty impressed right now

Replies

• madlittleoldme
    Options
    wow well done you , i admire anyone who can run esp that distance, i tried running but my body just hates it as do i i like the idea but not the actual activity hehe....once again though congrats xx
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • njohnson1966
    njohnson1966 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats to you all around. Looking good.
  • TanyaRochelle
    TanyaRochelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great job, that is great!!!
    I have always said "running is for emergencies!" however, I too have started to do small runs on the treadmill. ( I can run 3 minutes without stopping!)
    My NSV today was that even though the scale didn't show any weight loss, the tape measure did! (and so did the fat percentage body mass thingy!)

So, Cheers to NSV'S!!!
    Happy Monday!
  • kaymarie35
    kaymarie35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well done! you should be very proud of yourself :) x
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Wahoo!!! So happy for you!
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So inspirational!

I'm doing the C25K and last night was my first interval where you run for 3 minutes. I was impressed with myself over that!
    I can't wait to get to where you're at. :)
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Great job, that is great!!!
    I have always said "running is for emergencies!" however, I too have started to do small runs on the treadmill. ( I can run 3 minutes without stopping!)
    My NSV today was that even though the scale didn't show any weight loss, the tape measure did! (and so did the fat percentage body mass thingy!)

So, Cheers to NSV'S!!!
    Happy Monday!

I LOVE C25K! That's the programme I used. Still use actually. I HATED running and when I started to enjoy it I though..."jesus, that's a little bit sick" lol. And congrats on your NSV! What a great one to have!
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an awesome NSV!!

I used C25K too, and discovered that I enjoy running. Kind of zen. I dont listen to music or anything. I enjoy the quiet (esp. 5/5:30 a.m. in the summer) and the sunrise. Ran my first 5K a year ago in Sept., but foolishly ran while injured, and made it worse. Been benched ever since. But I plan to get back to it when safe and plan not to be stupid about it.

Anyway, I too hated running. So, how is it possible that we can now enjoy it?? I believe it is because we were never taught how to run. That is, how to start, and then build endurance. If I'd learned that when I HAD TO run for school, I might have been a life-time runner. I reallty love it.

Congrats again!
  • bsnmomtomany
    bsnmomtomany Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    fantastic! Great job!!
  • lisamariepickering
    Options
    What a great NSV! Congrats! My goal is a 5k, so this is very motivating.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    So...on Saturday I ran my first 5k...and I ran the whole way! Didn't stop once! It took me 42 minutes but 3 months ago I couldn't even run 3 minutes without having to stop for a walk.

Feeling pretty impressed right now

Quite impressive! Congrats!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    that's great !
  • georgie_lou
    Options
    Thanks! Running another one this weekend...aaaaaand just signed up for a 10k in December! Am I craaaaazy?!!
  • kfesta52
    kfesta52 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    No you're not crazy, you're a runner!!! :) Congrats!
  • georgie_lou
    Options
    Ran another 5k this past Sunday and did it in 37.17! Shaved off 5 minutes from the previous week. YAH!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I know the feeling I ran my first 5k in June non-stop and cried!!
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Im into wk 4 of C25K and I cant wait to be able to run a 5k ... This is an inspiration!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Way to go Georgie! I'm impressed too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!