Breakfast!!

Options
2»

Replies

• TXPointHunter
    Options
    I have been eating Thomas' Bagel thins, half a bagel with a poached egg with Jennie O's turkey bacon and a slice of low calorie cheese. Lately though I have been eating the Quaker Real Medley's Oatmeal, which is a nice change up
  • jesindc
    jesindc Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of with the peeps who are saying if you have to choke down breakfast, maybe skip it. I REALLY love a good coffee. I made a cafe au lait every morning which has a fair amount of calories in it since I use quite a bit of milk. I use Horizon 1 % because it's nearly as creamy as whole milk. That usually hits the spot first thing in the morning and then I grab something easy like a banana or apple in case I get hungry around 10 am. I know most nutritionists say, don't skip breakfast, but I feel like my cafe au lait has enough calories in it to get me through the first few hours of the day. It's been working for me.
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Have you tried overnight oats? They're different than the norm. I made the following recipe but used apple butter instead of pumpkin butter (fewer calories) and omitted the pumpkin pie spice.

www.skinnytaste.com/2012/09/skinny-pumpkin-overnight-oats-in-jar.html
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    The last day or two I have been having a tuna salad or bacon salad for breakfast, and it has really helped me :) Spinach tuna sunflower seeds and chickpeas... And it was YUMMY. Didn't have to force it down, and it was nice and light.

Thanks everyone, great suggestions that I will definitely use :D
  • I literally just have toast with low fat butter and a glass of milk for breakfast.

Every day :P
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Looking for protein...

Toast up a bagel thin or some light wheat toast - a smudge of peanut butter or almond butter & cut up your favorite apple into little tiny chunks and top it off. Delicious!!!

Another favorite of course - classic egg on top of a bagel thin with spinach & thin mild cheddar cheese.

Whole wheat waffle with fruit on top too <3 Mmm!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs today, yum, another favourite is muesli with Greek yogurt, adding whatever fresh fruit I have too.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Spanish tortilla with eggs, spinach, cheese and potato? (if I was not vegetarian, I would add bacon to that list) You could make the night before and eat cold or warmed slightly

I've seen recipes for crustless mini-quiches that sound very good too.

Homemade larabar style energy bar for a quick energy + protein start to the day to go with a cup of coffee

French toast with fruit
  • JacMarieSTL
    JacMarieSTL Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Not a huge breakfast person myself... I dont eat typical things for breakfast either.

last week I ate "tacos". 2 oz ground turkey meat, wrapped in a tortilla with some hot sauce. I also spread a Laughing Cow Wedge on the tortilla.

This week I'm eating chili for breakfast.

Ive been known to eat chicken salad, tuna salad, turkey breast/smoked gouda on a piece of toast, etc.
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Allot of people here will probably bash me for saying it :tongue:

How about a shake? Different fruits, yogurts, almond milk, juices, eggs, vegetables and even a vitamin packed protein shake mix can make for a quick an filling morning for a change. I even put benefiber in mine to boost the fiber.

The combinations are endless. Works in pinch. I bought a magic bullet to make it easier without a huge blender. :drinker: