5 lbs in 3 weeks :)

Options
Romba
Romba Posts: 164 Member
I am so happy with My Fitness Pal and all of you supporters. I've never found a site like this and it really keeps me going. I am sure that without this site, I would not have been able to lose 5lbs already! I joined at the end of December and have been working out 5 days/week to The Biggest Loser workout videos (it is too cold where I live to go outside!) and I've been watching what I eat.

I love it!!! Maybe I will lose 5 more in the next 3 weeks...HOPE SO!! :tongue:

Replies

• aminata828
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS, I JUST STARTED IT THIS WEEK, BUT I AM HAVING A HARD TIME STAY AWAY FROM MY CRAVING. HOW DID U DEAL WITH THAT?
  • Jlinares
    Options
    aminata828 - I took a long hard look at myself in the mirror from the side naked.... anytime get a "craving" I remember that image and BAM! - screw you Mr. Snickers! lol
  • Romba
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS, I JUST STARTED IT THIS WEEK, BUT I AM HAVING A HARD TIME STAY AWAY FROM MY CRAVING. HOW DID U DEAL WITH THAT?

It is hard, especially with my husband, he can eat whatever he wants and not gain a pound! I think, for me, it was seeing results from exersize. I took a "before" picture in my bathing suit and even after just one week, my body was changing.

I have motivation because my vacation is coming in May and I want to trim down so I can wear some cute outfits.

If you have a sweet tooth, I suggest buying fruit. I also make my own food and take it to work with me. All the girls in my office order take-out every single day, but it is so much easier (and less expensive) to re-heat my leftovers :) I take a snack like raisins and granola and in my food diary I have a place for Morning Snack and Afternoon Snack. I let myself eat one small bad thing per day that I want and as long as I've worked out and it doesnt take me too far over my calorie goal I am ok.

I hope that helps :)
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options

Will not lie to you; it is hard at first. Make sure you focus and have a plan in place. My worst cravings were late at night. Funny thing is I never had that problem before I started my diet! :blushing: I learned to replace my cravings with something else. For example, the late night cravings I substituted sugar free hot cocoa. It worked and after about a week or so, and now if I wake up in the middle of the night, I do not crave anything.

I had to fool myself a lot, like making my smaller meals more appealing by placing them on a nice glass saucer instead of thowing them on a paper plate. Somehow it made meals more special and less like diet food!

Good luck.
  • tvgal
    tvgal Posts: 87
    Options
    aminata828 - I took a long hard look at myself in the mirror from the side naked.... anytime get a "craving" I remember that image and BAM! - screw you Mr. Snickers! lol

i'm in my cubicle in a quiet office and this made me laugh so hard people came over to ask what the heck i was doing. It's a good idea though! "BAM!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Romba
    Options
    That is exactly what I do too. Sugar free cocoa is awesome and I use smaller plates :) It works
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    congrats! and good luck with your future goals!