5 Pound Challenge Participants- WEIGH IN TOMORROW

Options
Friday, January 8 I posted the following:

Between January 8 and January 22, I want to work on losing 5 pounds and would like to challenge those that are up for it, can afford it to join me.

This is not for everyone because some folks just cant lose that weight due to current weight, or they hit a glass ceiling...I have been there.....this is for those that want to really focus on a goal and target date.

Anyone...Anyone?????

TOMORROW IS WIEGH IN TIME....HOOT HOOT!!!!!!!

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You mean you want to lose 5 lbs in a day??? Just one single day? If this were possible it certainly wouldn't be healthy. This worries me.
  • pktbundy
    pktbundy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would sign up to try to cut 5 by the end of february....
  • nevillejohnb
    Options
    nooooooooooo....we did the challeneg from January 8 to January 22.....tomorrow is the 22nd...it was a two week challenge
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Oops! I just read the top that you posted it on January 8th. Phew! :) I hope your weigh in goes well tomorrow! Sorry for my freak out! :)
  • rustyroof
    Options
    I did 11.5lb in 2 weeks, hard work but well worth the weigh in but I only did 1lb this week even though I kept up the healthy eating and gym, its not good to loose fast as your body feels this and stops burning fat at a lower rate, which is what has happened with me, not enough cals or too much excercise can make your body go into shock, it thinks your starving it.

But the good news is, its good to have a 2 week blast out every 3 months, your body will react in the right way and keep burning fat.

Lots of water recommended too : ))))
  • JackieBoo
    Options
    How about a new challenge to lose 5 pounds between January 22 and February 5... Anybody in?
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm in with the new one!!
  • nevillejohnb
    Options
    How about a new challenge to lose 5 pounds between January 22 and February 5... Anybody in?

Set it up Jackie...I'm in!
  • Jenna1972
    Jenna1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in Jackie Boo!

I just survived my first potluck/baby shower (not mine, LoL) at work. Stayed in at under 600 calories and didn't feel denied.
    But a goal like this is just what I need to keep me focused with my birthday coming up. I want to lose during this normally fattening time for me. Retirement party on Monday, open house for said retiree on Tuesday, and my birthday the next Monday.

Whew. I don't feel prepared for these fun things full of food, but now with this goal in mind, I can stay focused.

Feb. 5th, here I come!
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options

I'm in!!
  • Teecald
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • JackieBoo
    Options
    A call to all active and effective participants -- "The Five Pound Weight Loss Challenge Part 2"

Official Weigh In: Friday, January 22, 2010

Formative Assessment: Friday, January 29.2010

Summative Assessment: Friday, February 5, 2010

OFFICAL RULES:

1. Participants must register to participate by posting their starting weight on a new post called "The Five Pound Weight Loss Challenge Part 2", no later than 10:00 PM on January 22.

2. Participants must record their midterm weight on the same post no later than 10:00 PM on January 29. (I will be sending messages periodically to all registered participants to motivate their achievement and remind them of the impending deadlines.)

3. Participants must record their final weight no later than 10:00 PM on February 5.

AWARDS - REWARDS

1. All participants that lose at least 5 pounds will be placed on the Campion’s List in order of their success.

2. Lots of Kudos and Congratulations from our MFP peers.

3. Bragging Rights!

4. Incredible Satisfaction

5. Improved Health and Longevity.

6. And so on... and so on...

Remember, do not register and post your weight here -- Look for the new post "The Five Pound Weight Loss Challenge Part 2"

Good Luck! Happy Health!

Jack B
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Alright, i have had a no weight loss week. Very disapointed but i think i know whats going on. I think i'm working out too much. I also know that on sunday i cheated, but that was one day and i did so much excerisce to try to even it out. What me and boyfriend have been realizing is that i have been dieting and then working it all off before i go to bed. At night i run on my elliptical for 1 hour on level 8 resistance. Its burns 1000 calories. So basically all my food gets taken out and my body is in starvation mode while i sleep and then i do it all over again the next day. Plus i also do a biggest loser workout in the same day. We also think that i could be gaining alot of muscle and that could be affecting the weight loss.

So this week i am going to start a new type of program. I am going to stick to my calorie goal and do what the biggest loser 30 day shread suggested. I am going to do 45 mins of cardio and a strength excercise everyday along with dieting. My 45 mins of cardio is going to be my running elliptical. The strength excercise is going to be switching everyday between BIGGEST LOSER WEIGHT LOSS YOGA, AND BOOT CAMP. I want all my mucles to get their workout. NO MORE WORKING OUT BEFORE BED. I think pulling back on the excercise will help. At least i hope it will. Only time can tell. Wish me luck folks.

sarina

p.s. btw michael lost half a pound this week.

I am at 190.5 pounds right now
  • sarina87
    Options
    LOST A POUND. Yay, i was very happy with these results because its the first weight loss i've had in 2 week and it took me out of the 190'S FINALLY!!!!! This makes 4 and half pounds I have lost for the month. I haven't weighed this much since my junior year of H.S. I am very happy and more deterimined than ever to get out of the 180's. That is going to be my next goal in the next month and a half. See ya all around.

1/01/2010 194
    1/07/2010 191
    1/14/2010 190.5
    1/21/2010 190.5
    1/28/2010 189.5

SARINA
  • sarina87
    Options
    Hi all

So today was the last day of the month and I went to do my measurement and weighed in. I normally don't weight in 2 times a week but on the last week of the month i usually do. Today i lost another 2 pounds and am at 187. That makes 7 Pounds for the month. And as for my measurments, i went down 2 inches on my hips and waist. I am feeling pretty good and i hope all of you had success this month. Lets do it all over again in February

1/01/2010 194
    1/07/2010 191
    1/14/2010 190.5
    1/21/2010 190.5
    1/28/2010 189.5
    1/31/2010 187.0

sarina