5'3" ladies in the 150s or 160s

Options
What is your calorie intake?
I've tried netting 1200 and 1400. I've tried eating 1200 or 1400 calories flat. I've tried cycling my calories.

I generally do insanity/hard workouts 5 days a week.

What's your calorie intake? What have you had the most success with?

Just looking for opinions!!

Replies

• summerfool
    summerfool Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mle58
    mle58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started off at that weight and I ate 1200 calories to 1300. I did not let myself est more calories if i burned more in a workout. Ive lost 18 pounds in 3 months from doing this.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 163 pounds, and I eat 1600 calories a day. I'm a firm believer in not eating drastically less just because you're shorter, and I've lost almost 10 pounds. :)
  • blpasquarella
    blpasquarella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I actually started at 215 >.< So I've lost about 60 lbs over 2 years. I've found that the more I lose the harder it is to lose which is only natural.

I guess the only thing to do is keep on keeping on. Lol.

Since July I've lost about 10 lbs so its obviously slowing down a lot.

Anyone in the same boat?
  • rachelfaith92
    rachelfaith92 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    5'3 and 3/4

Starting weight was around 180ish
    Cut out sodas and then lost about 10 pounds

Started mfp 170 pounds

Calorie counted and lost 15 pounds

Started keto and lost another 5 pounds (kept going from 153-159ish)

Now at a total loss on MFP of 18 pounds. Only another 5 pounds till I am considered "Normal weight"

Then another 10 pounds before I am at my ideal goal weight
  • TanyaEberle
    TanyaEberle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5'3 1/2! I eat between 1200- 1500. Trying not to eat back exercise calories! Cout out soda. I do a run walk 4 days a week and just started seeing a trainer for strength training. I have lost 8 lbs so far. The cardio is huge for me!!
  • Mels707
    Mels707 Posts: 101
    Options
    5'3 here, currently 152 lbs

Started MFP at 170 lbs in June.

Did the whole insanity program over the summer. Now I'm focusing on heavy lifting and I've cut back on cardio.

I eat about 1600 kcal and I DO eat back my exercise cals. So basically 1500-1600 3x/wk and 1800-1900 4x.

I don't lose linearly (meaning I don't lose a pound each week), and the scale goes up and down depending on the time of month, but my average has been about a pound a week.

I have also maintained virtually all of my lean body mass.

That 18lbs has equated to three sizes (from a 12 to a 6/8)

I am a big believer that slower weight loss = better muscle retention and a smaller size at a higher weight.
  • dynad
    dynad Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
    ok I give what doe bump mean?