Chest strap help.

Options
I have a Nautilus NR 2000. The owners manual says it will trasmit to a heart reat chest strap so i dont have to hold the grips and that chest strap is more accurate.
My problem is i goolge it and i cant find how to get one. Can any chest strap work or do u think it will only work with certain ones? any help would be appreciated

Replies

• Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with it, but I think it would have to be certain ones. I would email customer support for the machine.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The strap is the transmitter and the Nautilus is the receiver. The Nautilus should receive the signal from a chest strap automatically. Also, when the Nautilus detects signals from a strap, it will disregard information from the hand grips.

A chest strap comes with a wrist watch display, too. Wearing the HRM near your bike is just allowing the strap information to also display on the bike as well as the watch display.

My personal experience is that a random HRM (strap with watch display) displayed on the screen of a treadmill I was using.
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The strap is the transmitter and the Nautilus is the receiver. The Nautilus should receive the signal from a chest strap automatically. Also, when the Nautilus detects signals from a strap, it will disregard information from the hand grips.

A chest strap comes with a wrist watch display, too. Wearing the HRM near your bike is just allowing the strap information to also display on the bike as well as the watch display.

My personal experience is that a random HRM (strap with watch display) displayed on the screen of a treadmill I was using.

So ur saying i should be able to use any one? i dont have to go threw the company to buy a replacement?
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    So ur saying i should be able to use any one? i dont have to go threw the company to buy a replacement?

Yeah.

This isn't the machine you have, but I bet the procedure is similar: http://www.livestrong.com/article/224560-how-to-use-heart-rate-monitor-with-precor/

A chest strap and a watch display are paired such that your strap won't display on your friend's watch if you workout next to each other. What happened with the Nautilus treadmill I used was that I got on it, it saw there was a signal and asked if I wanted to accept it (to confirm it wasn't just someone on a treadmill nearby.)

It's sort of like pairing a wireless keyboard with your computer.

DISCLAIMER: Of course, keep all the tags and boxes and just receipts in case. :-)
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Yeah.

This isn't the machine you have, but I bet the procedure is similar: http://www.livestrong.com/article/224560-how-to-use-heart-rate-monitor-with-precor/

A chest strap and a watch display are paired such that your strap won't display on your friend's watch if you workout next to each other. What happened with the Nautilus treadmill I used was that I got on it, it saw there was a signal and asked if I wanted to accept it (to confirm it wasn't just someone on a treadmill nearby.)

It's sort of like pairing a wireless keyboard with your computer.

DISCLAIMER: Of course, keep all the tags and boxes and just receipts in case. :-)

Most store dont let electronics returned lmao. around here anyways. but i read ur site my bike isnt that high tech it just auto recives and disables hand grips and shows the heart rate monitor. i have 2 more days till the web site should reply if not ill just buy a cheap one to see if it works lol