The Next Level

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Jason, I am 28, and live in Miami, FL. I always lived an active lifestyle but the past couple of years I just got plain lazy and put on weight, but not the good kind. Decided I need a change so started doing 5-10k and mud runs. Well now I decided to train and train serious to get to the next level. I signed up for the February 2013 Tough Mudder and Super Spartan race in Miami, FL and I am using this site to make sure I hit all my nutritional goals. As of right now, working on cutting weight, currently at 175lbs and trying to get down to the 150lbs range, and might start soon on IF (Intermittent Fasting). Later on down the line I will do a much needed clean-ish bulk. Decided to give Crossfit a try and doing that for my main workout, but I still run since I need to be able to handle 8-12miles by February.
Personal stuff about me: I am 5’9”, at my biggest I was 190lbs, go to grad-school and work, big fan of Ford Mustangs and the Florida Gators.

Open to listening to any and all advice from everyone.

Replies

• Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Crossfit is awesome and will really help you realise your goals! There are a few CF groups on here - you might want to check them out.
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hey Jason, I am originally from Miami, but live in Naples :) I use to weigh 350lbs now I am at 168lbs still pushing hard so I can totally relate. Trust me I completely understand you need to be healthy to be able to be there not only for your kids, but your family. So keep on pushing yourself trust me if I did it you can do it . By the way a hurricane fan :) If you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)

Nadia