Replies

• lpbm5
    lpbm5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Me too!
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I started at 220, I'm at 1500 and eat back some of my exercise calories. Or if I'm hungry... all of them
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm at 220, and MFP puts me at 1820 a day (female at 5'8" and lightly active). And I'm having a tough time sticking to that! But when I do, I seem to lose, so I guess it's working. I don't know how you all can do such low levels!

It's amazing what a few inches taller, and a few years younger will get you! LOL (j/k)
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    I was over 200 pounds at one time 232 to be exact.... and never did I eat below 1600 EVER. The weight came off.. and came off slow and steady. I always ate back about 1/2 or all of my exercise calories too. Always have.. and will continue to do so.. life style.. not a quick fix. Ya know..?
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I started at close to that. I plugged in my numbers and checked the box to lose 2lbs per week. It allotted me 1200 calories a day.

me too.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    at 215 i was eating around 2000 or a bit more. my sedentary maintenance was close to 3K.

for the record i have quite a bit of LBM and have never been on a VLCD (or any other diet for that matter) so my metabolism is probably a bit higher than another similar weighted 40 year old woman

i seem to do best fat loss wise when i eat very close to my maintenance but 10% less than when i drop to something lower.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I started at close to that. I plugged in my numbers and checked the box to lose 2lbs per week. It allotted me 1200 calories a day.

me too.

MFP just used formula and that might not work for everyone. it also gave me 1200 calories but that was WAY off. if you want to know for sure, try eating at your maintenance (or what you think is your maintenance calories) for a few weeks to see how your body responds
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy about same age but 10lbs heavier and I'm at 1550 currently will be here until the middle of next month probably.
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Start Weight : 217
    Current Weight : 183
    Loss = 34 lbs

Usually eat 1200-1350 per day. Do NOT eat back all exercise calories. Overall It's going well, slow and steady. Might go over if weekend parties etc. but try to remember that whatever I eat, I'll have to exercise off again!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'm now at 221, and my daily intake is set to 1540, but most days I am under by a small amount.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    At my current weight of 205 lbs, I am at 1440 but I take that number as my maximum. I try to keep my calories over 1200 and under the 1440 as much as possible. I am not able to do much exercise but, when I do, I generally eat back part or all of those calories. I`ve lost 41 pounds in 4 months and I am happy with that rate of loss.

Food-wise, I eat much the same as I ever did except I control the portions to keep within my allowance. I have cut out almost all "junk" food and soda-pop and I try to have at least 2 fruits and veggies a day. I do allow myself treats as long as they fit in my calorie allowance.

Good luck on your weight-loss journey!
  • tbetz1
    tbetz1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm at 218 right now and I eat around 1950 but sometimes add an extra 100 calories to that and am losing on average 1 lb a week. I also have hypothyroidism. I do some form of exercise almost every day for 30 ish mins. Mind you I don't eat any exercise calories back.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Me too!

Cool, how are you going with it?
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    5'10, 209 and my dietician has just put me on 1300 cals
  • Stila562
    Options
    Right now I'm at 219lbs, and my daily intake is 1200 calories a day. is working fine for me, I'm learning portion control something i never had. It's good.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and 210

Mines 1500, to lose 1.5 pounds a week
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    I just hit 205 and I have been logging since 8/25/12 @ 225. Prior to that I was hovering about 240 in March before getting down to 225 (had been between 235-250 for several years) in August. I have been sticking to the 1200 calories per day (just missed it a couple of days when I was out of town with a piece of heavenly fudge and a couple of Margaritas lol), but also on a low carb diet. I don't eat my exercise calories ... just consider them getting closer to my goal. Everyone keeps telling me my body will go into starvation mode ... but I have had a gastric bypass and I know that the science behind that surgery is not being able to eat much food = fewer calories (plus a little malabsorption in the beginning) = tremendous weight loss. My highest weight, before surgery was approx 315lbs, lowest after surgery was 198, then regained to a max of 250 because I got sloppy, didn't fight my meds that will absolutely cause weight gain and just didn't care - another symptom of the meds. I stopped using my valuable tool - my little stomach pouch ... and let me tell you, after all I went through with that surgery, when I saw 250 pop up on the scales it was an eyeopener. So I am using the 1200 calorie guideline ... even though I usually fall a little below it ... and I am eating protein and lots of healthy veggies, taking vitamins and feeling much better! Best of luck to YOU!!
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm at 218 right now and I eat around 1950 but sometimes add an extra 100 calories to that and am losing on average 1 lb a week. I also have hypothyroidism. I do some form of exercise almost every day for 30 ish mins. Mind you I don't eat any exercise calories back.

I'm right in this boat (except not hypothyroidism)! I eat at TDEE-20% so that I don't have to stress exercise calories, and if I don't exercise I don't have to worry either...I am still at a deficit. Lose a steady 1-2 pounds a week and I am never hungry!

In reality you have to find what works best for you. If you feel like you are starving at 1200(like I did) then up it. For most people your weight it is recommended to eat about 2k calories a day without eating back exercise calories, because you have the extra fat stores for you body to absorb.

I am by no means an expert.