not sure where to post this.....silly hair question

Options
sds76
sds76 Posts: 215 Member
Question for the ladies........or men that love their hair...lol.

Obviously a shower is needed every day after workout but what do you do about your hair? I wash mine every day because I get so sweaty but my hair doesn't do well with being washed every day. Plus I love getting my hair colored with extreme colors and I've been advised to not wash it every day to help the color last longer. Is there some trick to not wash your hair after every workout, but still not be smelly and gross.

I know it's a silly question, but well I didn't know who else to ask.

Replies

• PuppyFat44
    Options
    Dry shampoo! get on it.. :)
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    They make special shampoo that you just spray in your hair and you dont need to shower. I think its called dry shampoo.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    They make a waterless shampoo, it absorbs the oil, Treseme has some.
  • PuppyFat44
    Options
    you def need dry shampoo - lots of brands make it, like a very fine powder that smells great and absorbs any oil/sweat/odour on the scalp. you won't see it, but it will keep your hair looking and smelling fresh in between wash days. Talking from experience - I had a bad experience with a salon that thought "natural blonde" meant dipping my head in a bleach bucket. Try it. (not the bleach bucket. the dry shampoo..)
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You can wash it out with just water so your hair doesn't get rid of the essential oils that protect your hair by daily washes. Also use salon brands -- not the cheap shampoos you find in stores. Those tend to have a higher cleaning agent which destroy your hair over time. Also look for sulfate free shampoo and conditioners.
  • sds76
    Options
    THANK YOU! I've heard of the dry shampoo but didn't know if it would take care of the sweaty odor. Wonderful, I will def. get some. Should I check the salon for that?
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    I have oily hair so I NEED to wash it everyday :(
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have super curly hair that is prone to frizz--

Don't wash it every day. Shower as usual and every other shower or even every one out of three actually shampoo. The others, simply rinse hair well and apply conditioner and rinse.

Shampoo is not necessary daily.

Dry shampoos are awesome as well but depending on your hair type are a pain.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Powder.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! I've heard of the dry shampoo but didn't know if it would take care of the sweaty odor. Wonderful, I will def. get some. Should I check the salon for that?

Walgreens, CVS, Ulta. Try the Psssst brand, Salon Grafix, Bed Head, Big Sexy, Ojon (although that's on the higher end of the price range). There are tons out there.
  • rdennisjr
    rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Or you just go with my technique....just say'n.....
  • sds76
    Options
    Or you just go with my technique....just say'n.....

lol....that's my hubby's technique as well, but I'm thinking I'll pass...lol :)
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use shampoo that has essential oils for everyday use
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

Same here...I shower in the AM, the next morning when I wake up it's sooo greasy. I wish this didn't happen.