I miss Chicken Pot Pies! HELP!

Options
One of my favorite food are Chicken Pot Pies, but they are just so full of calories and too many point on the Weight Watchers diet than I personally care to use. Does anyone have a recipe for a low fat/ low carb/ low ANYTHING recipe for a homemade Chicken Pot Pie that they are willing to share?

Any other simple and delicious recipes you're willing to share are appreciated too, haha! :wink:

Replies

• GCTom
    GCTom Posts: 3
    Options
    I saw this recipe on Eat, Shrink, and Be Merry. They replace pie crust with a low fat biscuit style crust.

http://www.food.com/recipe/starvin-guy-chicken-pie-128399
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    Options
    Ingredients:

Servings:6

1 cup cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
    1 2/3 c frozen vegatable, thawed
    1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I use low fat)
    1 cup Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix (regular Bisquick will work too)
    1/2 cup nonfat milk or 1/2 cup milk
    1 egg
    Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°F.
    Mix chicken, veggies and cream of chicken soup together and spread into bottom of non greased 9-inch round glass pie pan.
    Mix remaining ingredients (Bisquick, milk and egg) and pour on top of chicken mixture.
    Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until top turns golden brown.
    You Might Also Like

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-bisquick-chicken-pot-pie-100215?oc=linkback
  • Teachinjen
    Teachinjen Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just posted a picture and recipe of one I made tonight....let me see if i can post the link here...
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    i love you for asking this and i love all you other people for answering!!! i LOVE pot pie!!!
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
    has a chicken pot pie soup recipe that is to die for!!!
  • cashew1b
    cashew1b Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • frannylovesgio
    frannylovesgio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is hard to find one that is not killer in the calorie dept. This is the only one I have found that is under 400 calories per serving. It is a recipe called Starving Guy Chicken pie in Loonie Spoons Cookbook:

1 C chopped onion
    1 clove garlic
    1 C low sodium reduced fat chicken broth
    1 1/2 C cubed potatoes
    1 1/2 C carrots
    1 C green beens cut into 1 inch pieces
    1 can of healthy request cream of mushroom soup
    1 1/2 tsp of flour
    2 cups chopped chicken breast
    2 tblsp of chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 tsp of basil and thyme
    1/4 tsp black pepper

Biscuit Crust
    1 C flour
    2 tsps baking powder
    1/2 tsp ground sage
    1/4 tsp of salt
    2 tblsp butter or marg
    1/3 skim milk

Spray large saucepan with non stick spray, add onion and garlic. Cook over med heat until tender, about 5 min. Add broth, potatoes, carrots and beans. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to med/low and cover and simmer for 12 min. The potatoes should be slightly under cooked. Remove from heat.
    In a bowl, stir together mushroom soup and flour, add the vegetable mixture, chicken, parsley, basil,thyme and pepper. Stir well and pour into a medium casserole dish.
    Prepare crust: combine flour, baking powder, sage, salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk. Form a ball with dough addin mor flour if too sticky. Roll out on to a floured surface to fit top of casserole. place dough over chicken mixture. Prick several times with fork. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes until crust is golden brown. Let cool 5 min before serving.

Makes 4 servings 355 calories, 34.4 g carbs, 29.6 g protien, 11.2 g fat.
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers chicken pot pie:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=396797

Sounds yummy... I will have to try it!
  • smcase
    smcase Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    chicken pot pie soup from Skinnytaste.com as mentioned previously by others :)
  • Teachinjen
    Options

IMAG0468.jpg

Here is my pic of what I made for dinner: Healthy potato, leak, chicken, carrot pot pie!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Bump
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

IMAG0468.jpg

Here is my pic of what I made for dinner: Healthy potato, leak, chicken, carrot pot pie!

how many carbs are in that?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    here is a suggestion ..give it up for about two months and then when you hit one of your goals reward yourself with a night of having chicken pot pie....
  • JayElleOh
    Options
    bump
  • Teachinjen
    Options
    how many carbs are in that?
    [/quote]

45 carbs, 11 fat, 18 protein, 339 calories for that whole individual pot pie..........WORTH IT!

I knew I was having this for dinner so I saved a majority of my carbs for it, well worth it.
  • thomasxaviersayles
    Options
    I take it this is a comfort food for you, so try this. Take a can of soup such as garlic soup base and add carrots, peas, and a can of chicken. The crust is high calories so eliminate that and add spices to the soup or pick another soup and add vegetables to it to satisfy your appetite. I like New England Clam chowder so I add a small can of crab meat or other sea food to it and that does the trick. Good luck.
  • Mamao7
    Mamao7 Posts: 79
    Options
    bump for later.. that pot pie looks wonderful.. Maybe I will make that really soon.
  • JesssHerzner
    Options

IMAG0468.jpg

LOOKS DELICIOUS! I will definitely try it :)