Cleaning

Options
Hello all,

I am new to this site and so far I have been doing well with it. I was just wondering does everyone log in the exercise portion if they do cleaning or light activities like food shopping and so on? Just wanted to know. Thanks all.

Sarah G

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I personally do not. I see those things as things I do day to day. The only thing I log is something I purposely go out of my way to do to work out.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Since I have a lot of weight to lose, I do tend to log grocery shopping and house work. For me, every calorie counts.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Since I have a lot of weight to lose, I do tend to log grocery shopping and house work. For me, every calorie counts.

As far as this goes, while I agree to an extent.. did these things stop you from getting to the point of being overweight? I've done these things for 10 yrs and I gained weight. If they didn't help me then, why would they now?
  • tiggers
    tiggers Posts: 20
    Options
    I do, I even enter when I take the dogs out for a walk.. If I exercise for only 3 or 4 minutes I log it. I agree with DrBorkBork every calorie counts.

Glad your here

amy
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If I decide to do a deep clean for several hours I'll count it but will only count half of it just in case. Otherwise I just count that stuff as my day to day stuff.
  • greenfairy
    Options
    I use this when I'm doing more than normal. For instance, I recently had my sons room redone. So moving all the funiture and boxes from floor to floor, I logged in as cleaning. As far as shopping, I don't go every week like most people, so I end up spending 1 1/2 hours in the grocery store, so I do log this in as an easy stroll under walking.
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I intend to log cleaning that is over 30 mins (something more than routine stuff) and maybe shopping trips that are over an hour (mall walking) but leaving out anything that I would normally do anyway.
  • SGomez27
    SGomez27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I leave out a lot, but if I clean 30min-60 mins I log it. I usually am doing heavy lifting, moving a lot and for over 30 mins. I think that is considered exercise. However I walk a lot around my house, carry my one year old, but I do not log this kind of stuff. If I shop over an hour, then I log it. Just wanted to see what everyone else was doing. I have a lot of weight to lose too and I have just noticed how much hard it is once you are over the age of 25!! :(