Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
1 ripe avocado
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Pinch white pepper
1/2 pound lump crabmeat
2 tablespoons chopped chives

Pit and peel the avocado and cut it into 1/2-inch chunks. In a small bowl toss the avocado chunks gently with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and season with salt to taste. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, pinch of white pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add crabmeat and toss.
Stand an empty 15-ounce can with both top and bottom removed on a serving plate. Scoop a quarter of the avocado into the can. Place 1/4 of the crabmeat on top and press down gently into the mold. Gently pull the can off the avocado and crab mixture. Garnish with a half teaspoon of chives. Repeat with the remaining 3 servings and serve.

Per Serving:

Calories 150; Total Fat 8 g; (Sat Fat 1 g, Mono Fat 5 g, Poly Fat 1 g) ; Protein 15 g; Carb 5 g; Fiber 3 g; Cholesterol 65 mg; Sodium 390 mg
Excellent source of: Protein
Good source of: Fiber, Vitamin C, Folate, Vitamin K, Potassium

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_134920,00.html

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    1 ripe avocado
    3 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    Pinch white pepper
    1/2 pound lump crabmeat
    2 tablespoons chopped chives

Pit and peel the avocado and cut it into 1/2-inch chunks. In a small bowl toss the avocado chunks gently with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and season with salt to taste. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, pinch of white pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add crabmeat and toss.
    Stand an empty 15-ounce can with both top and bottom removed on a serving plate. Scoop a quarter of the avocado into the can. Place 1/4 of the crabmeat on top and press down gently into the mold. Gently pull the can off the avocado and crab mixture. Garnish with a half teaspoon of chives. Repeat with the remaining 3 servings and serve.

Per Serving:

Calories 150; Total Fat 8 g; (Sat Fat 1 g, Mono Fat 5 g, Poly Fat 1 g) ; Protein 15 g; Carb 5 g; Fiber 3 g; Cholesterol 65 mg; Sodium 390 mg
    Excellent source of: Protein
    Good source of: Fiber, Vitamin C, Folate, Vitamin K, Potassium

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Yield: 4 servings

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_134920,00.html
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Sounds divine! I love avocado and crab but have never tried it together.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the can the recipe calls for. Pull the can off the avocado mixture? I'll confused ><
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am so making that tonight. Yummy!!!!:bigsmile: Thanks for the recipe.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Sounds so good...I love seafood!
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    :smile: YUM!!!, that sounds wonderful. Going to have to give that a try.
    Thanks
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I don't understand the can the recipe calls for. Pull the can off the avocado mixture? I'll confused ><
    The can is used only to mold the avocado & crab but there's no need to do that.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome!
    Enjoy!

~Joanna:flowerforyou: