Anyone do a AM and PM workout on the same day?

Options
im thinking about kicking it up a notch and hitting the gym in the AM before work and then in PM...do any of you do this

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    its not something I normally do, but I did it today, and I loved it...
  • cartoonfruit
    Options
    yes i do it often. it's a good idea
  • m3dreamer2011
    Options
    Yep! I generally go for a run in the AM and then do some sort of strength exercise in the evening.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am doing it today!! Haven't in ages but my workout this morn was too short so ill go again after wirk
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    On the rare occasions I have time yes and I love it
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yup 3 times a week I run in the am and go to a crossfit class in the afternoon.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    im thinking about kicking it up a notch and hitting the gym in the AM before work and then in PM...do any of you do this

yes.. and no.. i exercise 3 times a day technically.. but not all 'gym' type exercise level..
    i walk (fast) my dog in am. b4 work and i walk on my lunch break.. and after work i walk/jog (lot longer) and or gym class!
    like today i walked b4 work/lunch and did body pump after work...
    i wouldnt wanna go to gym twice a day just cuz im not that much of a gym junkie, .. yet.. LOL
    and cuz i have a 4 legged kid, LOL...
    b careful though if your calories area really low and your doing high cardio.. you can release a chemical that makes you maintain wt vs loosing it.. dont go too extreme!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    On most days that I'm on day shift, I do cardio in the morning, then, if it is a weight training day, I go to the gym after work. My weight training workouts are too long for me to be able to go before work, unless I want to get up at 1:30 am. instead of 2:30.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    not usually unless the classes I want are split up. I'm not working at the moment so I spend a good portion of the day working out. I like to do it all at once whenever possible. When I get a job I'll prolly have to do before and after work to be able to maintain the hours I've been putting in.
  • Kendi_Alyssa
    Options
    I sometimes do both morning and evening workouts and I have to say, not only does it motivate me, but it's definitely not as hard as it seems. Working out twice a day originally sounded like a lot of work to me, but what I do is schedule it so I work out a few hours before work, and then later in the evening a couple of hours after work. It gives me several hours of recovery time so I feel less overwhelmed. So I say go for it and keep up the awesome work! :)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have to. Being in the Army we do PT every morning from 0630-0800. I lift weights in the evening when I get off. Works for me.
  • kinrsa
    kinrsa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership anymore but I cycle to work in the morning & home in the afternoon. It's easier for me to give an hour in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon to working out than staring down the barrel of a nearly 2 hour workout any other time of the day.

Bonus: if I make it up in the morning I HAVE TO cycle home in the afternoon whether I like it or not or else be stranded, so it guarantees another workout.

Try it out to see if it works for you- I find it addictive and it builds my fitness levels faster.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I may actually do it today. I ussually run in teh evenings but I decided to check morning running and run today after waking up and somehow I feel it's not enough. I may hit teh gym or swimmingpool in teh evening if I still feel that way.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do this.. run in the morning and then either zumba, trx or yoga at night (all my fun stuff). I feel amazing afterwards.. major endorphin rush!
  • Helen_1818
    Options
    On my days off I tend to do a 90 minute walk outside for some fresh air and then an hours gym session - half an hour cardio, half an hour weights :)
  • chcbrown
    chcbrown Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Usually ride in the morning and swim at lunch
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I do a very brisk walk in the afternoons (about 1 hour) and cardio/weights in the evening (70-80 minutes). Love it! The walk really re-energizes me. Favorite part of the day!
  • Mskckaye
    Mskckaye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yes this is something that I have done before and it ended in great results for me. I would wake before work and do a mile to a mile and a half walk and then in the afternoons for my lunch break I would work out for an hour doing additional cardio, strength training/free weights.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Often do strength training in the morning - followed by a 3, 5 or 6 mile run in the evening.

I haven't tried doing two strength sessions in a day yet, but as I have just ordered a bench and some weights for home I might after it is delivered on Friday.
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I do this about once a week. But only cardio.

I do strength training 3 days a week, but with a day in between of rest. Cardio I do every day