A little upset

Options
So I went out to eat tonight at Applebees. I was all excited because they have that new under 550 menu, so I ordered the asiago steak, told them to hold the cheese....I got home and now I learn that Applebees doesn't disclose the nutrition facts for their menu items. I am so angry. I found somewhere that its supposed to be 390 calories but I have no idea how much fat or carbs. I guess life will go on though....just going to have to hope that it doesn't cost me dearly on the scale next week :(

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    How frustrating! If they're going to advertise to get people to eat there like that then they should at least give the information for the 550 and under meals! Grrrr... Send them an email!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Can't you just assume it was 550? That way you underestimate? If you are over estimating then it is only by a little, anyway!
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If you are still concerned about it - email them directly. I think they are legally required to disclose stuff like that if they are asked but are not required to put it on their menu or website.
  • ACarp24
    ACarp24 Posts: 90
    Options
    I found a news cast where they did a segment with the people at Applebees, and the chef making it said it was 390 calories so I think its a safe bet, I just wish I had known that I wouldn't have accurate nutrition facts, because I wouldn't have eaten there.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/applebees

I don't know if you will find your information here or not but this is what they have information on.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    definately dont let one meal get you down, its one meal & tomorrow is another day!!! :)

so i looked on one site & it said the meal was 550 cals 5 fat grams & 15 carbs..... but i dont think that is correct

However, you can find an applebees 7 oz sirloin steak (which is in the asiago) and the break down for that is:
    330 cals 34 fat grams & 22 carbs......
    Maybe if you punch in the sides that you had with it you can find them....or at least get a better idea for your own piece of mind.

If you feel really bad & are worried about a gain....go for a walk or get in a cardio session to even it out... :)
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    That stinks!!!! Our anniversary is tomorrow and we are going out to eat and I was gonna give up the really really nice steak house here for Applebees because of that 550 meal!!!! So is it not 550?????????????
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I don't know why this annoyed me so much but it did sooo...I just emailed them. If I receive the information from them I'll let you know! :)
  • vhardwick
    Options
    I totally agree. I ate there last week and was really disappointed to find out that they didn't have the exact calorie count for the entrees.
    It's great that they are all under 550, but if one entree is 500 and another is 350 I want to know which is which.
  • danielleleee
    Options
    i thought it is going to be a law that they have to give out nutrition facts. maybe thats just california? not sure.
  • danielleleee
    Options
    ps. applebees is gross. i ordered a bowl nd i asked for no mushrooms and they said "wellt he mushrooms are int he mix we use" MIX??? U MEAN UR NOT CHOPPING FRESH VEGGIES BACK THERE?! i was appalled. i've never gone back.
  • ACarp24
    ACarp24 Posts: 90
    Options
    I dont think I have to worry too much. I had such a busy day that before that meal Id only had some toast and a little home made salsa, so Im going to unfortunately be way under my calories anyways...
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    ps. applebees is gross. i ordered a bowl nd i asked for no mushrooms and they said "wellt he mushrooms are int he mix we use" MIX??? U MEAN UR NOT CHOPPING FRESH VEGGIES BACK THERE?! i was appalled. i've never gone back.

Chilli's is no better. My husband and I ate there once and I ordered the "Fresh Steamed Veggies" and they got to me cold. I told the waitress they were cold and she told me that was impossible they just got the bag of veggies out of the microwave. ARE YOU SERIOUS! We walked out when the waitress refused to bring me some hot food.
  • vlheral
    vlheral Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've heard you are supposed to have one "cheat" meal a week to throw your body off so it doesn't get used to the regular healthy smaller meals, so that you can still lose, it thats true
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    Your comment made me giggle a bit. NEWSFLASH! I've worked in MANY restaurants over the years and the ONLY restaurants that have chopped fresh veggies were a local restaurant that was independently owned (ie not a chain) and Papa John's! And I'm nearly 100% sure Papa John's is the only international pizza delivery chain that has "freshly chopped" veggies as toppings. I know for a fact both Dominos and Pizza Hut get their veggies out of a plastic bag. But I don't understand how that would be shocking or appalling.

Fresh produce doesn't really make any sense for chain restaurants. Too many man hours chopping/prepping, too much volume, too much expense when fresh produce goes bad, etc.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Good luck getting any nutrition information from Applebees. DH and I went there over the weekend, and I went online to try and find out allergen information. (I have dairy and egg allergies). I couldn't find anything anywhere. So, we went, and when our waitress came, I asked her about allergens, and she told me she'd have to get her manager. 15 minutes later, the manager came out, with a little card with a phone number on it. They have to call this number when someone comes in with allergies. And guess what---- The place is closed on weekends! How friggin' dumb is that?

So, I figure to make it easy, I'll have a steak and baked potato. Hmmmm... their steaks all come vacuum packed with butter and seasonings for cooking. Well, I'm guessing it's butter, it's got dairy anyways. The ribeye and the new york strip come in bare. So, I had one of those. The potatoes are all steamed with butter, in advance. To steam a bare potato, takes an extra 12 minutes, after you order, by the way. The seasonal veggies-- oh yeah, prepackaged, with butter and seasonings. Luckily, they were able to steam some plain broccoli for me (for an additonal charge because of substitutions).

It was one of the most frustrating experiences I've had in a long time. Thank goodness our gift card is all used up, we won't be going there anytime soon again!
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Do they offer it on-site? I was at Ruby Tuesday last week and asked for nutritional information and they brought me out a book that had the details for everything on the menu. It was really nice to be able to make an informed decision.

Maybe pass along the Applebees e-mail address and we can all e-mail them nasty notes!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Do they offer it on-site? I was at Ruby Tuesday last week and asked for nutritional information and they brought me out a book that had the details for everything on the menu. It was really nice to be able to make an informed decision.

Maybe pass along the Applebees e-mail address and we can all e-mail them nasty notes!

No, they don't have anything. The manager literally came out with a business card with an 800 number on it, then told me the 800# place was closed. You'd think it would be easy for them to do something with allergens on it, since everything is made and vacuum packed.... lol
  • BamaRose0107
    Options

:laugh:
    Your comment made me giggle a bit. NEWSFLASH! I've worked in MANY restaurants over the years and the ONLY restaurants that have chopped fresh veggies were a local restaurant that was independently owned (ie not a chain) and Papa John's! And I'm nearly 100% sure Papa John's is the only international pizza delivery chain that has "freshly chopped" veggies as toppings. I know for a fact both Dominos and Pizza Hut get their veggies out of a plastic bag. But I don't understand how that would be shocking or appalling.

Fresh produce doesn't really make any sense for chain restaurants. Too many man hours chopping/prepping, too much volume, too much expense when fresh produce goes bad, etc.

They sure charge a good bit for those not so fresh veggies!