bad day. . .

mrs_sarahd818
mrs_sarahd818 Posts: 11
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My day started out good with a healthy meal low in calories. Then my husband I went grocery shopping and we both knew that by the time we got home and put the groceries away that neither of us would feel like cooking so we decided to get something to eat on the way home. I figured that since I had only had 290 cals for the whole day so far that picking up something wouldnt be so bad. But once I finished my meal (yes, it was fast food) and logged it into my diary I learned that the meal was more calories than the amount Im allowed in a whole day!! (Im allowed 1200). Also, it is more than my BMR. So does this mean I completly undid everything good I have done? Will I gain weight from this one really stupid mistake? I know now that fast food is a huge 'no no' no matter what! How can I undo what I eaten without taking the purging road. I definitly dont want to get into that situation

Replies

• The best thing to do is not to beat yourself up about it and not to throw the rest of the day out the window.
    Get out and do some cardio (because it's not a good idea to let all the carbs that your fast food most likely had just sit in your body--it's energy, take advantage of it) and continue your day as you would before. Don't starve yourself for the rest of the day; we all make mistakes and also, it's good to give yourself a 'free meal' now and then.
This discussion has been closed.