Anniversary ideas!

Options
KaciWood19
KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
Our 3 year is coming up soon! Was wondering if anyone has any fun anniversary ideas that they have done or want to do! I'm thinking of playing up the number 3 and maybe doing something with the traditional 3 year gift of leather....

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    maybe doing something with the traditional 3 year gift of leather....

A flog? Lol
    I really just wanted to say congrats. Don't over think it and have fun
  • KaciWood19
    Options
    maybe doing something with the traditional 3 year gift of leather....

A flog? Lol
    I really just wanted to say congrats. Don't over think it and have fun

HAHA! That's definitely an idea. :devil:

Thank you!
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Is a mini- trip possible? We usually go away but there's occasions it just isn't possible. So we send the kids away, I decorate the house & prep foods for the weekend and we spend that time together without outside distractions.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    congrats! Mine is today. I got him a nice Stuhrling watch, since, like you said 3 years is leather and crystal. Best of luck!
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My guy is a writer and I plan on getting him a really nice leather writing book for year three (We are in year two). But some other ideas if you want 3's have a 3 course meal but each course at a different place (Maybe end with dessert at home :wink: ) Or make a scavenger hunt and have the places you go have meaning to you in your past (Where you first meet, your favourite coffee place) or a new place like a shooting range or drive to a small town and go to their diner. Or go big and just go to Mexico where its hot and the drinks keep flowing!!

Happy Anniversary!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    We always take a day or long weekend trip. Get away and disconnect from phones and computers.
  • KaciWood19
    Options
    congrats! Mine is today. I got him a nice Stuhrling watch, since, like you said 3 years is leather and crystal. Best of luck!

I too am leaning towards a watch. Especially since he doesn't have one and had mentioned that he would like one last year for Christmas. I love the leather bound writing book idea! Unfortunately thats not very him. He's a fireman and avid hunter/fisherman so I was thinking something leather for his hunting and fishing stuff. I looked at leather helmets for firefighting but $$$!!! Maybe if he gets promoted soon that will be a gift! LOL. We try to go away on the weekends as often as we can as a result of my stepson going to his mom's on the weekends but he's staying home our anniversary weekend for a cub scout activity! LOL so we are just getting a sitter for the evening. Mexico sounds so nice........
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    our 3 year is Decemebr 19!

We spent our wedding night at Walt Disney World- so we have gone back every year for our anniversary. My hubby thinks we couldn't get reservations this year, so I am surprising him!

I didn't know about the leather gift- maybe I will incorporate that into our weekend away!!! :happy:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    We just went away for 3 days/2 nights to the mountains to see the fall colors. We celebrated our 23rd anniversary. We went to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC (just 2 hours from our house) and there were tons of things to do there: we went horseback riding (for the first time...it was wonderful), did a 'bubbly tour' where we got to see how they made "champagne" through methode champaignoise and taste all 5 of their sparkling wines (since Champagne is really only allowed to be used by wines made in Champagne region of France); we had a spa day, went to dinner in their 5 star dinning room one night, and on the last day we rented bikes and biked all over the property (there is 22 miles of trails) and saw lots of beautiful fall colors, we walked through the gardens (amazing how many flowers were still blooming).

If you're tight on budget, you could still do something similar...just stay one night somewhere (that's what we did last year) and we went hiking one day through a national park (about 10 miles) and saw 6 waterfalls. But we are very active....we still went to a really nice restaurant for dinner last year as well but last year was a lot less expensive then this year. We stayed one night and it was at a bed & breakfast rather than the Inn at Biltmore.

We had a wonderful time both last year and this.

Edited to fix typos :blushing:
  • KaciWood19
    Options
    We just went away for 3 days/2 nights to the mountains to see the fall colors. We celebrated our 23rd anniversary. We went to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC (just 2 hours from our house) and there were tons of things to do there: we went horseback riding (for the first time...it was wonderful), did a 'bubbly tour' where we got to see how they made "champagne" and taste all 5 of their sparkling wines (since Champagne is really only allowed to be used by wines made in Champagne region of France); we had a spa day, went to dinner in their 5 start dinning room one night, and on the last day we rented bikes and biked all over the property (there is 22 miles of trails) and saw lots of beautiful fall colors, we walked through the gardens (amazing how many flowers were still blooming).

If you're tight on budget, you could still do something similar...just stay one night somewhere (that's what we did last year) and we went hiking one day through a national park (about 10 miles) and saw 6 waterfalls. But we are very active....we still went to a really nice restaurant for dinner last year as well but last year was a lot less expensive then this year. We stayed one night and it was at a bed & breakfast rather than the Inn at Biltmore.

We had a wonderful time both last year and this.

I grew up in NC and always dreamed about getting married at the Biltmore! Absolutely gorgeous!! Sounds like you 2 had an amazing time both years!!!!! I love it!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    A cruise... Oh how I wish I could go on vacation...
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    The mini trips sound nice. Maybe a nice bed and breakfast a few hours away from home.
  • KaciWood19
    Options
    A cruise... Oh how I wish I could go on vacation...

Carnival is having some great sales right now.....
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    our 3 year is Decemebr 19!

We spent our wedding night at Walt Disney World- so we have gone back every year for our anniversary. My hubby thinks we couldn't get reservations this year, so I am surprising him!

we honeymooned there :) and have gone back many times. what a wonderful idea to surprise him with!!!

we'll be celbrating our 17th in Jamaica