Guys - i need your advice...

Options
So, i pack my hubs' lunch & now i'm tracking for him on here. I have him set @ 2000 & a 40c/45p/15f ratio - moreso curious on the calorie goals you guys use when you are cutting.

He lifts lifts 4 or 5 x a wk & will be adding 2 days of cardio in (heavy bag) we will be adjusting as we go - depending upon how his energy level is... he's never tracked his calories before but he's a pretty low calorie eater thruought the day - usually it's his 2 & 3 plates of dinner (healthy or not) that do him in LOL...

We'll also be adjusting his ratios if needs be, but he wanted to start off pretty low on the fat.

PS. no haters that i'm tracking for him LOL, he's got a super busy job & if he can stick to eating just what's in his lunch - which he does - he's got more will power than me, even tho i'm [now] tracking for both of us LOL - no way i could do that, with no one harping on me, unless i was tracking it myself. :)

**updated macros

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    "PS. no haters that i'm tracking for him LOL, he's got a super busy job" <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sorry but have to LOL here.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You're macros only add up to 80%.

What are his BMR and TDEE? Is he trying to lose weight or gain muscle?
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Beat me to it.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    "PS. no haters that i'm tracking for him LOL, he's got a super busy job" <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sorry but have to LOL here.

I could just see the "ur man can't track his own crap" posts already lol. but i don't know many men who track anything lol - i kinda made him do it, b/c he wanted to cut but wanted me to pack his lunch - no way i could keep up if something wasn't being tracked lol...
  • karrielynn80
    Options

good point - i meant 40/45/15 :) thanks!
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    LOL! I also do the meal planing and packing food part of my husbands day. So, I want to know about this too. Hey, at least he scans and adds the numbers all by himself... Well, most of the time.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    That's a minuscule amount of fat. Do you want him to get rabbit starvation? =P
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    That's a minuscule amount of fat. Do you want him to get rabbit starvation? =P

Lol, i suggested at least 20% - but he wanted to go w/ 15%, I figure we can adjust his ratios too if needs be - it was hard enough convincing him that 40% carbs weren't bad - as long as they are good carbs lol.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Whats his starting weight/height?
  • karrielynn80
    Options

he's strength training, so i know he wants to bulk up a bit, but mostly i think he wants to reduce his gut. His arms have always been pretty big - he just misses his 6 pack.

I've never done the TDEE for him or myself. his BMI is 1740 but that's at sedatary & he's pretty active all day (on his feet / with some liftin) - so i guess'd about 2000 (+ workout estimated calories).
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    Whats his starting weight/height?
    He's @ about 165, and 5'7" I think his last reading of body fat % was around 22%
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    bump