Is it time to start strength?

Options
I've been on MFP since May and I lost about 10 pounds. Before I started I was at 26% body fat according to a pinch test I got at a health fair, but I have a feeling my body fat might have been more then. Anyway, I want to start doing strength training but I'm not sure if I should lose more body fat first, or if that will be taken care of when I start putting on muscle. Here are my stats:

Female
20 years old
143 pounds
5'2" inches
Body fat- ???

Thanks!

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You should have started 2 days ago so you could have rested yesterday and lift again today.

In other words, today is the day you should start.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    You should have started 2 days ago so you could have rested yesterday and lift again today.

^^

>>http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/686963-large-collection-of-info-for-beginners
  • kennacoconut
    kennacoconut Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Well said =] off to the gym now! =]
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

Heh, I think what Plates559 is tryign to say is that it's never to early to start strength training.
  • kennacoconut
    kennacoconut Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Strength training was awesome. I guess all I needed was the motivation! Anddd I wasn't even scared of the big guys ;)