I think gravity is broken in the house.....

Options
I weighed myself on three different spots in the bedroom, then in two other different spots in the house. Got two different weights......I think gravity is broken here, or the house is lop-sided......but I went with the lower number, which was 150. So hopefully it's correct.....

Replies

• mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    And that is the reason people should not put so much faith in a number on the scale!!!

I'd want to say that maybe your scale isn't too accurate, but it could just be that your house is a bit lop-sided as you say :)

I once had a scale that wouldn't budge unless the different was in excess of 1kg. It was so annoying, because my weight would just seem to be the same from day to day, so I had to weigh + heavy object first, and then weigh myself again to get a true measurement...
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    just pick a spot to keep your scale in and dont move it
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    The lowest number is always correct!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    And that is the reason people should not put so much faith in a number on the scale!!!

I'd want to say that maybe your scale isn't too accurate, but it could just be that your house is a bit lop-sided as you say :)

I once had a scale that wouldn't budge unless the different was in excess of 1kg. It was so annoying, because my weight would just seem to be the same from day to day, so I had to weigh + heavy object first, and then weigh myself again to get a true measurement...

I'm going with lopsided because I can't walk up the walls. or jump in the air and stay there for a bit. lol
  • ladymiseryali
    Options
    just pick a spot to keep your scale in and dont move it

I have a spot, but it wasn't completely flat. Now I have a new spot. :smile:
  • ladymiseryali
    Options
    The lowest number is always correct!

Agreed because there is NO WAY I gained three lbs in a day or two. :laugh:
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Gravity anomalies are very common in my house. I'll walk into a room to find my cats upside down with their feet in the air sleeping. Obvious low gravity spots.
  • MrsGSR
    MrsGSR Posts: 88
    Options
    Probably a stupid question, but was it all on the same type of floor? I know my scales don't work properly unless its on a flat, hard surface, I always have to move the bathroom rug lol
  • ladymiseryali
    Options
    Probably a stupid question, but was it all on the same type of floor? I know my scales don't work properly unless its on a flat, hard surface, I always have to move the bathroom rug lol

One part of the floor is tiled and some parts are un-tiled because of the neglect the house has gotten from my fiance's mom. I'm going to try weighing on the tiled part because it's most flat.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    my house is lopsided too, it can vary 3 lbs just in the bathroom in different spots :/. So frustrating!
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Gravity varies with altitude and latitude.
    Go south and up.