ankle injury

Options
Hi,

During my group class of les mills steps, I slightly twisted my ankle, didnt pay much attention to it then or after that, as usually I am very sore after the steps excercise, so thought it was coz of that and totally forgot that I twisted, but after that I have persistent pain in my left ankle, and when I copare with my right ankle, left looks somewhat swollen, so my question is should I continue exercising or get rest for a couple of days?or are there any exercises for ankle injuries?

Replies

• Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I would give a couple of days or you could injure it further. If it is swollen follow the RICE plan of action Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevate and a anti inflammatory like Advil
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I broke/shattered my ankle early Summer, still can't do anything on it. What I've learned of the ankle, do NOT exercise on it! Try to keep your weight off it, even minor ankle injuries you can expect to be laid up for 2 weeks. The only thing you should do with it is those 'rehab' exercises, foot up in the air use your toes to write in the air the alphabet. Capitol, then lower case the next time you do them.
  • Kimi83157
    Kimi83157 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely rest and elevate. You could do some permanant damage otherwise. I sprained my ankle 5 months ago and tore some ligaments and i'm still struggling. Soooo frustrating!!!