CRAVING PIZZA! Need HEALTHY Pizza Recipes!

Options

Replies

• Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have an alternative to pizza, crustless pizza. I take an onion and green pepper sliced thin, 2 cloves of garlic minced, pint of cherry tomato's or chop 2 tomato's. Saute garlic, onion, pepper and tomato's. Add 1 TBS oregano, 1 tsp basil, salt and pepper to taste. I then add sliced soy sausage and put the whole thing in a baking dish. grate some parmesan over the top and add mozzarella and bake until the cheese is bubbly and begins to brown. It is delicious and heats up well in a microwave.

You can use any vegetable you like and any seasoning combination, red pepper flakes would be great. For those who eat meat, I would cook the meat first before adding it to the baking dish.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    225-250 calories for an 8 inch pizza: check out my diary for Saturday night. I use either La Tortilla Low carb or Tumoros low carb tortilla, add my own alfredo sauce made from chicken, mushroom soup, parmassan cheese, cream cheese and milk, add veggies of choice and mozzarella. I have a pic but idk how to post them on here. I do the same with pizza sauce and mozzarella for my son's favorite cheese pizza and he LOVES it.

21643952.png
  • leolin6
    leolin6 Posts: 57
    Options
    Ground turkey pizza casserole

1 1/2 cups shell dry macarroni boil 10 minutes
    1 roll breakfast turkey sausage cook until brown drain add tomato sause and oregano cook 15 minutes
    package turkey pepperoni
    16 oz tomato sause
    1/2 tsp oregano
    8oz motzella cheese

Put shell noodles in large dish. Spoon the sausage/sauce over the noodles and then add whole package of cheese. Place pepperoni on top and bake 350 until cheese is slightly brown.

Easy and tastes just like pizza
  • ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    a little bit of low calorie marinara on a flatout wrap. 1/4 cup 2% mozzarella and 7 pepperoni.

they're a hit in our house (though the non dieters like to add extra cheese and pepperoni)
  • DawnB86
    DawnB86 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I tried Portobella (sp?) Pizza and LOVED it! It's just a portobella mushroom cap with pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella and whatever other toppings you like stuffed in the cap, bake in the oven until the cheese is melted: so good! It's different but stopped my pizza craving. Still have "real" pizza every now and then but not nearly as much as before. Like someone said before..everything in moderation:-)
  • Cathleen77
    Cathleen77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE pizza!!! I use pita bread. I often use Salsa instead of pizza sauce (just because I like the bite of it). I put chicken and all kinds of veggies on top. I also love to sprinkle dried hot pepper flakes on top,, and yes, a sprinkle or two or three,,, of cheese!! Now,,, I'm craving pizza too!!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I use sandwhich thins to make mini pizzas. Split them in half and toast them, then rub them with garlic and sauce, cheese, veggies and maybe some turkey pepperoni then bake until melty! About 100 calories per pizza depening on toppings.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Jeanell and I joined MyFitnessPal two months ago. I absolutely love this site!

My biggest weakness is PIZZA! I work in my dad's insurance office part-time and there is a Pizza Hut next door. Before I made a lifestyle change, I used to chow down at the Pizza Hut and it got to the point where the staff knew my name and they knew what I wanted to order. I could eat a medium Pepperoni Lover's pizza by myself. Quite sad in my opinion, but that's the past and I have moved on to healthier days.

I need HEALTHY pizza recipes! I crave it like crazy, but I don't want to break my diet and fitness regime by gorging on unhealthy, greasy pizza. Does any one have any recipes that they would be willing to share?

Also if you know any take-out/fast food places that offer healthy pizza options (ex. whole wheat crust, turkey pepperoni, veggies etc)?

I truly appreciate any suggestions and thank you so much! :happy:

Lift a ton at 5PM, Eat a pizza at 8PM. BAM - Carb Backload Successful.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Pound out a chicken breast and cook it to almost done. Take it out and top it with sauce, low fat cheese and your favorite topping and put back in the oven to finish cooking.

Enjoy
  • gnclausen
    Options
    So....have a pizza already. No one is keeping you from it and you don't have to ask permission either. Thats whats so great about this program. Just so long as you realize what your doing and what your going to have to do to compensate for the caloric intake. Perhaps some extra walking, mow the grass, or bike the next day. Don't have pizza everyday but once in a while isn't going to kill you. Hmmm...think I'll get some pizza tonight, thanks for the idea.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    for a great "lunch" pizza use the Ole Extreme Wellness High Fiber low-carb tortillas as your "crust" they come in tomato basil, spinach herb and whole wheat. The tomato basil and spinach herb are only about 65 cals per tortilla.

Use one tbsp of your favorite bbq sauce, one serving of the Tyson grilled and ready chicken pieces(or make your own chicken ahead of time) sprinkle 1 tbsp feta cheese and some finely chopped red onion. Bake until the tortilla is a bit crispy. The feta won't really melt but it gets a bit softer. While the pizza is baking take a handful of fresh spinach and julienne cut it so it is super thin pieces. Sprinkle on top of the pizza when it is done. This is a super healthy BBQ chicken pizza.

Also, make your own homemade crust and omit the oil in the recipe and add a tiny bit of water at a time to make the dough feel right. I always make homemade crust and I never add oil to it and it always turns out fine. I also add all kinds of herbs to the crust to make it smell and taste super yummy.

Use Fat Free cheese but remember it doesn't melt and get all stringy like traditional mozzarella but even mixing it half anf half will cut your calories and fat. Use canadian bacon instead of pepperoni. Sometimes I just gotta have "real" pizza so I work out extra to have the calories for it!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Just get the pizza you like and make room for the calories. Treating yourself to pizza isn't going to hurt you!

We eat pizza from the greasiest joint in town almost ever Saturday. Then again we are usually working in the yard or hiking so it fits into our calories or goes just a bit over. No Harm!
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    naan bread
    mushrooms, broc, peppers
    a little sauce
    and some shredded cheese

SO GOOD!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Bump..Good ideas;-)
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It's not quite pizza crust (I have to eat it with a knife/fork) but it's an option and I kinda like it. You could reduce the calories further if you halve the cheese.

Number of Servings: 4, calories per serving = 143

Ingredients

Cauliflower, frozen, cooked, riced, 1 cup
    Egg, fresh, 1 large
    Cheddar Cheese, 1 cup, shredded
    Fennel, 1/2 tsp
    Oregano, ground, 1 tsp
    Parsley, dried, 2 tsp

Directions
    Rice or finely chop the cauliflower. Beat egg, add the cauliflower, and shredded cheese. Mix, then press into a greased pizza pan then sprinkle with the spices. Bake at 450 for 12 to 15 minutes. If you double the recipe cook 15 to 20 minutes.

Add desired pizza topping (not included in nutritional info) such as red sauce, mushrooms, green pepper, onions, cheese, etc. Bake until brown and cheese is bubbly.

This makes four pieces.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=249048

THIS--love cauliflower crust!
  • hopefulsheena
    hopefulsheena Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    try the Flat-Out wraps. The multi-grain with flax is really tasty. Make your own tomato sauce (really this is simple, cut up some tomatos, add the spices you like and water and let it simmer for 1/2 hour), add some low-fat mozzarrela or even cottage cheese (that's what I normally do) and then slice up some thin turkey pepperoni or even a turkey dog (ball park makes a REALLY low calorie smoked white turkey dog that is only 45 calories)

Throw in the oven at 425 for about 15 minutes and you get a delicous crispy thin crust pizza! I've done this several times for breakfast in the morning and I'll add onion and an egg about half way through the cooking time. Mmmmm, I think I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow.

EDIT: Just looked it up when I had it, 213 calories for the whole shebangabang. Add an egg and some onions and it's still under 300

NEVER thought of using the flat wraps for this! Great idea! Going to try for regular pizza and a nice breakfast pizza! MMMmm
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Make your crust with Cauliflower. it is really really good! I have made it a few times! just google cauliflower pizza crust and a lot of recipes come up. I use cauliflower for substitute for a lot. Instead of rice, I just run my cauliflower through my food processor a few times and it looks like rice! and it very very good! Plus about 30 cals for a cup!!!

THIS! I love it. I make little cauliflower pizza bites in cupcake pans with 1 turkey pepperoni and they are FABULOUS. It's been a while since I made them but I believe its only 8 or so calories each. Amazing right??
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Get the 80 calories whole wheat tortillas. I load it up with tomatoe paste, Italian seasoning, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, black olives (and any other kind of veggie I can find). Add just enough 2% mozzarella to suit you and bake until crispy. Mine usually comes in around 245 calories. And it fixes that pizza crave!
  • brianagill
    brianagill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To curb your pizza craving, try putting your pizza toppings on a portabella mushroom. Get a big portabella, put a bit of sauce, pizza toppings, including low-fat cheese, and bake in the oven. Usually curbs my craving, but so much lower in calories.