Cellulite Reduction

Options
Ladies, I need some better suggestions on what to do to further reduce cellulite. I have the Brazil Butt Lift and I’m sure Leonardo will really help with reducing, but I let a friend borrow my DVD to complete the program while I do Tap Out XT. I really need some suggestions. Please help

Replies

• nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    bump, come on someone has to have some ideas lol
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is fat under your skin. You can't spot reduce so you just need to lose body fat.
  • nashai01
    Options
    Cellulite is fat under your skin. You can't spot reduce so you just need to lose body fat.

Any suggestions on how to lose body fat? lol, sorry I have no idea
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Just keep exercising and eventually the fat will fall off. Don't forget you need to eat healthy fats in your diet to help lose fat and make sure you are getting enough protein
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    This might be controversial, but all I can say is what has worked for me. First, I don't really believe that cellulite is simply fat under your skin and when you lose body fat, the cellulite will go away. I'm sure that's part of it, but I have less cellulite now than I did when I was 25 lbs lighter in college, and I promise that weight is not muscle..

I am almost finished with the Insanity workouts and they have significantly reduced my cellulite. I'm sure this has to do with really, really working the muscle groups that typically have cellulite over them: quads, butt, hamstrings, etc., so that has definitely helped.

Other thing that had serious results when I was doing it daily: loofah scrub. In the shower, scrub the affected areas with a loofah for about four or five minutes at a time, scrubbing pretty vigorously. The person who suggested this told me it breaks up the fat pockets and gets blood circulating in those less-well-circulated areas. (ETA: Sounds like crap to me, but the point is, it worked.) Anyway, after about a week or two of this, I saw very definite results. Again, I can only say what works for me, so good luck. Workout hard, both cardio and heavy lifting, and try the shower srub.
  • nashai01
    Options
    This might be controversial, but all I can say is what has worked for me. First, I don't really believe that cellulite is simply fat under your skin and when you lose body fat, the cellulite will go away. I'm sure that's part of it, but I have less cellulite now than I did when I was 25 lbs lighter in college, and I promise that weight is not muscle..

I am almost finished with the Insanity workouts and they have significantly reduced my cellulite. I'm sure this has to do with really, really working the muscle groups that typically have cellulite over them: quads, butt, hamstrings, etc., so that has definitely helped.

Other thing that had serious results when I was doing it daily: loofah scrub. In the shower, scrub the affected areas with a loofah for about four or five minutes at a time, scrubbing pretty vigorously. The person who suggested this told me it breaks up the fat pockets and gets blood circulating in those less-well-circulated areas. Anyway, after about a week or two of this, I saw very definite results. Again, I can only say what works for me, so good luck. Workout hard, both cardio and heavy lifting, and try the shower srub.

Thanks, I completed insanity Summer of 2011 and I will say it helped with the reduction. I never heard of the loofah scrub but I will try it. I'm starting to jog a little more, so I'm thinking joggin will help too (Well I hope).

Thanks Ladies :)
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options

You lost body fat from Insanity.
  • nashai01
    Options
    bump
  • nashai01
    Options
    anyone else?
  • paigeslims
    Options
    Build muscle ! never fails
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Other thing that had serious results when I was doing it daily: loofah scrub. In the shower, scrub the affected areas with a loofah for about four or five minutes at a time, scrubbing pretty vigorously. The person who suggested this told me it breaks up the fat pockets and gets blood circulating in those less-well-circulated areas. Anyway, after about a week or two of this, I saw very definite results. Again, I can only say what works for me, so good luck. Workout hard, both cardio and heavy lifting, and try the shower srub.

Trying this! Thank you!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is partially due to fat storage under the skin. So your first options is losing the extra weight, also to help the skin firm up you might need to do strength training focusing on the problem areas to help build muscles there. Your are young so chances are with the fat lose and a decent amount of exercise you will see it disappear. There is no quick fix short of surgery which I wouldn't really recommend because it's just a way of hiding the issue for a couple of years.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

You lost body fat from Insanity.

I definitely did, but the original statement still stands: I currently have less cellulite than I had at a much lower bf%.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I heard that used coffee grounds can help with cellulite....however, it's messy. I tried it and the only thing that happened was my butt, thighs and triceps smelled like coffee. lol
  • nashai01
    Options
    I heard that used coffee grounds can help with cellulite....however, it's messy. I tried it and the only thing that happened was my butt, thighs and triceps smelled like coffee. lol

Lol thats too funny. I'm hoping if I stay on my normal workouts I start to see a difference. Its my biggest insecurity. I pretty much love everything else about my body
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Building lean muscle .. and burning that fat (reducing it) is the one thing that will help. The fat is already deposited in such a way that if you ever lose track/gain weight .. the fat will redeposit again in those areas. The only real method to completely and forever be done with it is surgical procedures .. they have lasering now (less invasive) .. and I AM NOT saying to do this.

But you can completely eliminate the appearance of cellulite by burning that fat off .. increase your protein intake .. it's okay to go over what MFP recommends - they only recommend the minimum daily intake of protein. Fiber needs to increase and go over as well (so you can have a healthy digestive process).

Less calories .. increasing that cardio (to burn the fat) .. and working with strength training and weights to build that muscle will greatly improve the appearance of that stubborn cellulite.

Just remember .. you fall off the wagon .. get lazy .. and over time .. Unless you surgically removed those particular fat cells, it could come back. And even a doctor will tell you .. just because you removed the fatty tissue from that one area .. it is likely (if you don't stay healthy and exercising) it can build up in new areas. It's a horrible curse (I have it .. and I weigh 115 lbs @ 5'4 .. I have to work hard to keep it in check. As long as I exercise .. it's fine .. but when I get lazy .. poof .. there's that cottage cheese showing up again .. kinda sucks to be skinny fat like that
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

But you can completely eliminate the appearance of cellulite by burning that fat off .. increase your protein intake .. it's okay to go over what MFP recommends - they only recommend the minimum daily intake of protein. Fiber needs to increase and go over as well (so you can have a healthy digestive process).

PROTEIN. YES. Adjust your macros. MFP is all about undercutting the protein... I eat at 50% protein. It's not necessary, of course, but try to get at least 30% a day or so.
  • thomasxaviersayles
    Options
    First define cellulite, it is the detachment of the fat layer from the underlying muscle tissue. A solution to this problem would be to lose the fat, strengthen the muscle and that requires a combination of cardio and weights. The other thing I would add is Omega 3-6-9 to your diet at a ratio of one tablespoon per 50 lbs of weight per day. Dr. Udo's is probably one of the better oils to use and this will help you with muscle definition and remove that fat layer.
    I can't stress enough the cardio and weight lifting along with excellent nutrition, so it won't be one variable, it must include all variables.
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had a nurse tell me she lost the dimpled look from the backs of her thighs using the Sketcher Shape Up shoes - she walked alot before and after so she thought it was the shoes. Maybe something to try?

Another friend told me when she was speed walking pushing a stroller she really noticed a reduction in cellulite in the backs of her legs - maybe walk hills if you don't have a stroller to push?

If you are really worried about it, look into Zerona or some of the other spot reduction tools approved by the FDA - they often tighten skin and break up fat simultaneously which is a 1-2 punch to reduce the appearance of cellulite.

I think this is a a very complex issue because there are so many variables: 1) good genes; 2) age; 3) nutrition; 4) muscles in the area; and 5) body fat. 1) If your mom had dimpled areas at your age, it's more likely you will, too, and vice versa; 2) age can impact muscle tone (if you don't work to counteract), nutrition, and ability of the tissues to repair themselves so getting older can contribute to more dimples, though that doesn't seem to be an issue for you; 3) if your body isn't getting the nutrition you need (adequate fat and protein) your body can't rebuild your tissues optimally; 4) toned/strong muscles can prevent some the fat from bulging out in irregular ways which explains my nurse friend and stroller friend above 5) cellulite *is* just bodyfat, in the end, that isn't as attractive as body fat can be in other parts of your body. I have seen very skinny women though with cellulite so I point back to the other variables.

Look at your macronutrients to see what percentage of dietary fat you are eating. Some doctors, especially with cadiac patients, think 20% is fine for good health - that's what I would target. Walk hills in your neighborhood, 60-90 minutes 5 days a week (of course build up to that if you aren't there yet). But most important, love yourself just as you are :) If you are eating healthy, exercising regularly and keeping stress levels low, you are already beautiful! Hold your head high and realize you are made exactly as you were meant to be - a few dimples in your butt and thighs means nothing to everyone who loves you :) Good luck in your quest!!
  • nashai01
    Options
    I had a nurse tell me she lost the dimpled look from the backs of her thighs using the Sketcher Shape Up shoes - she walked alot before and after so she thought it was the shoes. Maybe something to try?

Another friend told me when she was speed walking pushing a stroller she really noticed a reduction in cellulite in the backs of her legs - maybe walk hills if you don't have a stroller to push?

If you are really worried about it, look into Zerona or some of the other spot reduction tools approved by the FDA - they often tighten skin and break up fat simultaneously which is a 1-2 punch to reduce the appearance of cellulite.

I think this is a a very complex issue because there are so many variables: 1) good genes; 2) age; 3) nutrition; 4) muscles in the area; and 5) body fat. 1) If your mom had dimpled areas at your age, it's more likely you will, too, and vice versa; 2) age can impact muscle tone (if you don't work to counteract), nutrition, and ability of the tissues to repair themselves so getting older can contribute to more dimples, though that doesn't seem to be an issue for you; 3) if your body isn't getting the nutrition you need (adequate fat and protein) your body can't rebuild your tissues optimally; 4) toned/strong muscles can prevent some the fat from bulging out in irregular ways which explains my nurse friend and stroller friend above 5) cellulite *is* just bodyfat, in the end, that isn't as attractive as body fat can be in other parts of your body. I have seen very skinny women though with cellulite so I point back to the other variables.

Look at your macronutrients to see what percentage of dietary fat you are eating. Some doctors, especially with cadiac patients, think 20% is fine for good health - that's what I would target. Walk hills in your neighborhood, 60-90 minutes 5 days a week (of course build up to that if you aren't there yet). But most important, love yourself just as you are :) If you are eating healthy, exercising regularly and keeping stress levels low, you are already beautiful! Hold your head high and realize you are made exactly as you were meant to be - a few dimples in your butt and thighs means nothing to everyone who loves you :) Good luck in your quest!!

Thanks for all the advice. Yea I'm actually the only woman in my family that had this problem, so I know its not genetic...and I'm also the only woman in my family who didn' play a sport too. Thanks to everyone because I have been working out for over a year mostly cardio, but some strength training, and now I'm starting to jog a little but I still can't get ride of the cellulite. My arms, and stomach looks awesome but I can't get these legs together to save me smh