Why cant i loose weight?

Options

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    something that helps me is "Food Combining."
    Suzanne Sommers (yup, from the old sitcpm)
    did a series of books and she called it "Somersizing."
    a basic move is to eat fruit ALONE- and keep to 1-2 servings.
    Eat whole wheat- and limit carbs to "Good" ones.

You can read more: http://voices.yahoo.com/what-everyone-know-somersizing-229246.html?cat=51

There are other books on it, but her way was FAIRLY easy to follow.

To expand on that, if you eat carbs, make sure they're full of fiber (ex: whole wheat pasta instead of regular white pasta), and also combine them with a protein. There's something about combining the two and how the nutrients are absorbed into the body that makes it better to combine then to eat only carbs.

not sure if real?
  • luckylissette
    luckylissette Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not sure if what is real?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

this part...

"To expand on that, if you eat carbs, make sure they're full of fiber (ex: whole wheat pasta instead of regular white pasta), and also combine them with a protein. There's something about combining the two and how the nutrients are absorbed into the body that makes it better to combine then to eat only carbs."
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Please explain what happens in detail when you combine carbs and protein that improves fat loss
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    from Nerdfitness: (the truth) link: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/10/22/3-reasons-people-succeed/

Those that will struggle start by asking:

“How long is this going to take?” or ”If do this for a month, how much weight will I lose?”

They’re interested in the results but have no interest in the process. They get bogged down in the minutiae of EXACTLY how many calories they should eat, the exact amount of protein required, and freak out about the exact number of sets and reps. They spend all day reading hundreds of health websites while taking the advice of none of them. They are collecting underpants gnomes. They get quickly frustrated after non-earth-shattering progress in a few weeks, so they jump from diet fad to diet fad, from one “revolutionary workout plan” bandwagon to the next. They consistently pick flash and style over persistence and consistency.

Those that will succeed start by doing:

“Hey Steve, I’ve been following the __________ plan for four months, and here’s my progress!”

These (people) understand how just getting started is the best step taken, so they pick a plan, stick with it for months on end, and make adjustments along the way. They don’t send premature emails with sweeping declarations about how successful they will be four months later. They just freaking DO IT, consistently improving for months and months.

Successful (people) understand that they are NOT on a crash diet, and they’re not following some 6-week get-fit-quick plan. They are making concerted, calculated, and consistent changes, over a long period of time[/b] that will become part of their new lives.
  • luckylissette
    luckylissette Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Please explain what happens in detail when you combine carbs and protein that improves fat loss

This is word for word from a book I'm currently reading:
    Protein helps slow the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream...
    Balanced meals work best in helpin the majority of women control carb cravings, increase energy levels and carbs. Proten and fat help keep you feeling full longer. In addition, when eaten together with carbohydrates, they slow the rise and fall of blood sugar. The more gradual the rise in blood sugar, the less insulin your body produces. Carbohydrates provide your body with energy, so consuming too few carbs can cause headaches and low energy leves in some people. This is especially important if you exercise on a regular basis. Eating balanced meals can help keep your blood sugar stable for a longer period of time. This in turn, can control hunger, decrease cravings, and promote better mood and energy levels."
    From "A Patient's Guide to PCOS" by Walter Futterweit.

Hope this explains.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    exercise every other day - exercising less means less stress and less chance of overeating to compensate.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Lose or loose?
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    What happens if i've already eaten all my protein 25 for day and I didn't even eat dinner yet? So all I can have for dinner is vegs?

You should be eating 1 gram of protein for every pound of lean body mass. Based on your stats you have 115 pounds of lean body fat. You should be eating 115 grams of protein a day.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Lose or loose?
    This. THANK YOU.
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You should eat back your exercise calories. 1200 is so low as it is. The low cal plan is probably just backfiring on you.
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So I had this same problem until a couple of months ago.

Do continue to weigh yourself once a week on the same day at the same time. I know this is TMI, but I weigh on Friday mornings after I use the restroom before I do anything else in only my bra and panties.

I started jillian michaels back in July and instantly started losing weight. It wasn't necessarily because I was working out more, but because of the knowledge I gained. Absolutely do NOT eat less than 1200 calories. You are just telling your body you are starving it. DO have one higher calorie day a week but don't go crazy!
  • mercymarque
    Options
    U shouldn't go under 1200. Not sure about eating back calories. I work out late 8 pm. So I don't see the point in eating back esp if ur not hungry. I was hungry last night because I left my dinner at home and didn't eat anything but veggies for dinner at my night job.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    *eyetwitch*
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    "So I had this same problem until a couple of months ago.

Do continue to weigh yourself once a week on the same day at the same time. I know this is TMI, but I weigh on Friday mornings after I use the restroom before I do anything else in only my bra and panties.

I started jillian michaels back in July and instantly started losing weight. It wasn't necessarily because I was working out more, but because of the knowledge I gained. Absolutely do NOT eat less than 1200 calories. You are just telling your body you are starving it. DO have one higher calorie day a week but don't go crazy!"

This is very sensible advice and I have managed to lose 26lb by doing the same thing.
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about taking meausrements instead of stepping on the scale? I was not losing any weight but I lost a ton of inches. Maybe your body composition is changing. I also make sure your netting 1200 calories, not consuming. If you are only taking in 900 calories and you burn that much in a work out you wont lose weight.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You joined this month. How long has it been?
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    let's see your diary........open it up!
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Protein is a min not a max. MFP should make it RED if it is UNDER 25 and green when OVER, but alas it isn't like that.

Drink more water.

Eat at least 1200 calories, Im still not certain on eating back work out calories or not, but I do and still am losing so...whatever works I guess. Never go under 1200 calories.

Drink more water.

Did I mention drink more water?

Good luck.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    "Not sure if serious, but 25 grams of protein in a day isn't too much or even enough. I have 25 grams before I even wake up in the morning. My protein goal is like 195 grams. "

^^This! If you go by MFP calculations its almost always too low on protein. I set mine manually to a percentage - 40% which makes mine 122 grams.