Elliptical Machine and TV

Options
Helawat
Helawat Posts: 605 Member
At my gym the elliptical machines each have their own television with cable attached to the console so you can watch what you want.

Yesterday, I did my best job on the elliptical machine and set another record but this was done while watching Ann Coulter. I became so irate, mad, disgruntled, and upset that I took my hatred against Ann Coulter on the poor machine.

So- watch something that pisses you off on television while you're doing cardio and you too may have the same reaction.

Enjoy!

Replies

• Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    At my gym the elliptical machines each have their own television with cable attached to the console so you can watch what you want.

Yesterday, I did my best job on the elliptical machine and set another record but this was done while watching Ann Coulter. I became so irate, mad, disgruntled, and upset that I took my hatred against Ann Coulter on the poor machine.

So- watch something that pisses you off on television while you're doing cardio and you too may have the same reaction.

Enjoy!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    lol yeah I usually watch the news or something to that effect and get pumped up!!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Ann Coulter *is* kind of an overblown windbag, isn't she? lol
    I can't watch TV while I'm working out, I get distracted. I do listen to my mp3 player though.
  • jpketz
    jpketz Posts: 73
    Options
    Fox News does it for me. Guaranteed 10-20 BPM increase in heart rate. But hey, at least you have monitors in the machines! Jealous. :frown:
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    I watch something I have TiVo-ed while on my elliptical every morning! My fave to watch is Biggest Loser! It's pretty motivating! Other than that, I am a reality tv junkie so I will watch whatever I have recorded! It makes it so much easier because I just don't pay attention to the fact that I have been on there for 30 mins or whatever!
  • goodtimesdani
    Options
    oooo my gym has those too and i love it! there is not excuse to not go to the gym because you are going to miss your favorite show. i also find myself pumping up to the beat of cheesy theme songs and commercial jingles. soo lame!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It just gets a little embarrassing when something funny happens and I start laughing out loud. People look at me. I'm like "what???"

In the AM I like to watch CNN Headline News with Robin Meade. Around 9:00, I turn to Regis and Kelly.

If I get there later, I watch The View!! LOL