Snacks while at work... Help!

Options
13»

Replies

• minniemama07
    minniemama07 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dona -- OMG you've lost 171lbs?! You are absolutely AMAZING!! Congratulations and thank you for being my newest inspiration! :)
  • minniemama07
    minniemama07 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, I heard of it in the past at WW meetings and then one of my friends on this site told me about it too so I just had to try it. Honestly, when I first made it -- it was just alright and I wasn't so sure. BUT then I put it in the fridge overnight and it hardened up a little and it's seriously to die for!

OK enough w/ my babbling -- here's the recipe:

--1 whole container of fat free cool whip
    --I can of pure pumpkin
    --1 package of SF/FF butterscotch instant Jello pudding (the original recipe says use 1/2 package, but I always use the whole so it's sweeter)

You just mix it all up together and refrigerate. One serving is 2tbs and it's sooo yummy! I dip my apples in it; spread it on my waffle in the morning; and grab a spoon to satisfy my sweet tooth. It's so yummy!
  • kmmpink
    kmmpink Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    String Cheese, Apples, Almonds, Special K cracker chips, yogurt, carrots and celery with vadalia onion and summer tomato dressing.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    Sunflower seeds. The effort needed to eat them (and the saltiness) keeps me from eating more than a serving at any given time, but they're great for when I just want to snack on something. Plus they're delicious, especially some of the flavored kinds (LOVE David Jumbo Buffalo Ranch seeds!)

Just make sure you have a convenient container to dispose of the shells in. ;)
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs, sliced veggies like carrots, celery and cucumbers, seaweed, apple and almond butter.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I keep boiled eggs, tuna, veggies, hummus, string cheese and chocolate protein shakes, if I want something sweet. Oh and turkey and cheese roll ups.

(I can't do crunchies, that's a total trigger food for me).
  • ShayShay22816
    Options
    I was actually wondering what that was too, how to make a pumpkin fluff!
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    I usually pack things like sandwiches, string cheese, kind bars, rice cakes, nuts, etc etc
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    fruits
    veggies (baby carrots are one of my faves for at work)
    greek yogurt
    string cheese
    protein bars (current favorite is Nature Valley protein peanut butter and dark chocolate)
    jar of peanut butter
    hard boiled eggs
    teas...green, chai, herbal, english breakfast
    chewing gum
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    When I'm at work and need a snack, I usually take one of those tiny food bags and stuff it with nuts and seeds (20g-40g) and put it in my pocket. If you can't find a little food bag, just put the nuts in your trouser pocket (make sure they're something like peanuts or almonds etc that are big enough not to get stuck to the bottom of your pocket). Take a two minute break and go to the staff room, drink some water and eat from the little packet, or (don't think bad of me!), go to the toilet to take a leak and just eat the packet there and then. I know nuts/seeds can get a little expensive, but if you go to some stores they sometimes have good deals. Otherwise I just get salted peanuts and wash the salt away thoroughly - really cheap option!

If your staff room has cupboards for storage, keep a Tupperware container and put a protein powder in it, keep a shaker nearby and just drink 20g of it on your break - it takes 1 minute!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    pickles

Apples

Popcorn

cheese sticks

beef jerky (not often)

lotsa water or s/f lemonade
  • Lucinda1013
    Lucinda1013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yogurt, hard boiled eggs, carrot and special k crisp bars
  • Lucinda1013
    Lucinda1013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wtg on the weight loss :)
  • benstopper
    benstopper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, casein protein powder with water, beef jerkey, rice crackers, almonds. Any food containing no / low sugary carbs for between meals is my general rule.

... And lots of coffee