thryoid problem update

Options
I just wanted to touch base with everyone about my thyroid problem. Thank y’all so much for telling me to go ahead and get it checked even though I do not have insurance. I got on the phone and found a health fair and it was on 10.00 to have it checked. I still ended up having to get a doctor but in the end it was worth it. They told me that the level should have been 0.5-5.4 I don’t know if that is the exact number but that is really close. My level was 54.8., which means that I have hypothyroidism. They put me on some medicine and I don’t know if it is a coincidence or not but after taking the medicine for only 2 days when I got on the scales this morning I was 2 pounds lighter. I have been working out for over a month for at least 30-60 minutes EVERYDAY and also counting my calories and the most I lost all month was 1.5 pounds. It feels so much better that my results are finally going to start showing (I hope). Thanks everyone again for your advice!! If anyone else has hypothyroidism can you please give me some advice? Thanks again.

Replies

• bon4bon
    Options
    I have been taking thyroid meds. for years I just started trying to loose weight watching what I eat ( eating healthier ). I have given up the 4 or 5 cokes a day and no sweets. But I still am gaining weight at the weigh ins . My levels are between normal range what ever that means. I work out 30-45 mins. a day where it be walking boot camp. Is there any other suggestions
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    I just wanted to touch base with everyone about my thyroid problem. Thank y’all so much for telling me to go ahead and get it checked even though I do not have insurance. I got on the phone and found a health fair and it was on 10.00 to have it checked. I still ended up having to get a doctor but in the end it was worth it. They told me that the level should have been 0.5-5.4 I don’t know if that is the exact number but that is really close. My level was 54.8., which means that I have hypothyroidism. They put me on some medicine and I don’t know if it is a coincidence or not but after taking the medicine for only 2 days when I got on the scales this morning I was 2 pounds lighter. I have been working out for over a month for at least 30-60 minutes EVERYDAY and also counting my calories and the most I lost all month was 1.5 pounds. It feels so much better that my results are finally going to start showing (I hope). Thanks everyone again for your advice!! If anyone else has hypothyroidism can you please give me some advice? Thanks again.

Just keep getting your levels tested. It will take a while for the meds to get you to where you need to be.
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    I have been taking thyroid meds. for years I just started trying to loose weight watching what I eat ( eating healthier ). I have given up the 4 or 5 cokes a day and no sweets. But I still am gaining weight at the weigh ins . My levels are between normal range what ever that means. I work out 30-45 mins. a day where it be walking boot camp. Is there any other suggestions

Try to eat as cleanly as possible. When I first started I figured a calorie was a calorie and as long as I stayed at or below my intake I would lose weight, not so. I started eating cleaner and cut out all processed foods. That was when I started to lose weight. Good luck to you!
  • bon4bon
    Options
    thank you I will try that
  • bon4bon
    Options
    thank you I will try that