Having difficulty tracing calories!!!

Options
I'm new to this site and am feeling a little overwhelmed with logging in my daily food. Breakfast is usually pretty easy, as is lunch. Dinner is a whole different story. We don't eat out usually so I have to log homemade food. I cook fairly healthy dinners for my family but don't know how to enter them. Example: Mexican lasagna or a spinach salad with lots of veggies. How do you all do it? Should I just commit to eating lean cuisines?!?!

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Track the calories for all the ingredients. For example, for lasagna, weigh and enter the meat, the cheese, the pasta, etc. separately and let the site/app add them up.
  • grapeape09
    Options
    If they are meals you make often you can use the Recipes tab under Food. You will only have to do this once since you can save it and go back every time you make it.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I agree, the recipes tab is really helpful. Once you enter the ingredients it will tell you how many calories, carbs, fat, etc is in each serving. For salads I just eyeball it.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i use the recipes feature to determine the calories. i make a lot of my own meals and treats so i log the recipes then when i make them again it's in my recipes tab. it takes a little time because you need to measure what you're making then create the recipe in your food journal but worth it because later you can tweak the recipe if say you think it's too fattening or needs more veggies, etc.