Cooking for my boyfriend!

Options
janettenellies
janettenellies Posts: 24 Member
So I'm cooking dinner for my boyfriend tomorrow but I'm unsure of what to make as I want to keep it low fat-low calorie to keep in line with my diet! Does anybody have any recipes that are healthy but just as equally tasty? I don't want to punish him just because I'm dieting!

Oh and! I hate mushrooms so no mushroom suggestions please!

Replies

• ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Make a stir fry! With lost of veggies (my boyfriend likes broccoli & carrots most). With brown rice!
  • janettenellies
    Options
    Thanks, that sounds like a good idea :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Steak and veggies. You can get lean steak. And maybe a fruit salad for dessert :)

http://adventuresincookinglite.blogspot.com/2012/04/easy-fruit-salad.html
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Steak and veggies. You can get lean steak. And maybe a fruit salad for dessert :)

http://adventuresincookinglite.blogspot.com/2012/04/easy-fruit-salad.html
  • erindh87
    Options
    Try skinnytaste.com. I've tried several of her recipes, and they've all been delicious so far.

Also, fajitas are a really good option. You can always skip the tortillas for yourself but have them for your boyfriend if wants them.
  • arifrancesca
    Options
    Grilled cajun chicken breasts with grilled asparagus and sweet potato wedges ( you can add cayenne and a squeeze of lime to the wedges for more flavour).
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    beef stroganoff with mushrooms :wink:

What about something like fajitas where you can use lettuce for wraps or make a salad out of it instead of using a tortilla? It is something that you can easily scale up or down the calories.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Lean meat.

Pork loin, for instance. Veggies on the side. Add rice or potatoes for him and give yourself only a small serving of the carbs.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili! Every time I make this my fiance thinks he's getting a big treat, but it's actually quite healthy.

1lb lean ground turkey
    1 green pepper, diced
    1 red pepper, diced
    1 can black beans
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can crushed tomatoes
    1/2 white onion, diced
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    3 jalapenos, minced
    1/2 can or bottle of beer (I drink the other half while I'm cooking)
    Cayenne/chipotle seasoning + salt & pepper to taste
    Tiny bit of olive oil to sautee the garlic & onion

Makes about 8 servings, each with 290 cals, 7g fat, 24.5g protein
  • janettenellies
    Options
    Thanks for all of the ideas, they are fantastic! I'm sure i'll manage to pick something now.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    here is a link to chicken fajitas.....mmmmm and they make the house smell wonderful!!

http://www.food.com/recipe/marks-low-fat-chicken-fajitas-93016
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oh i know the feeling...
    This is what my bf and i normally would have..

chicken drumsticks in the oven baked with bbq sauce
    steamed artichoke
    brown rice
    short ribs
    steaks
    salads
    corn on the cob
    steak fajitas
    chicken fajitas
    my bf loves when i make sloppy joes but i get lean ground beef or you can get the jennie O ground turkey
    there's different things that you can make... dont feel that you have to limit yourself because your on a diet... just make sure ur portions are in control and that you try to choose leaner options then usual.

check out paleo style recipes as well for cleaner eating. I'm usually on pinterest.com looking up new recipes to try out. ;-)
  • AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Try some baked chicken with herbs and lemon with sauted veggies ( lightly saute broccoli, garlic, carrots, etc) Or you can try to make some fish instead of the chicken. Salmon and trout are my personal faves, and they're super quick and easy to bake!

Good luck girl!
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    cant go wrong with a bacon cheeseburger using 98% lean beef or ground turkey,2%cheese and a single strip of regular bacon
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    guys are so easy to cook for unless they are super picky eaters. Meat + potatoes. Pork chops + mashed potatoes (add in the butter after the fact) chicken + roasted potatoes with some spices. You could even do Italian, although it can be hard because of calories, just watch portions.